Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Farm kid stories

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Farm kid stories Empty Farm kid stories Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:13 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

I was telling these stories on another forum and decided to copy and paste, thinking you might get a chuckle out of them.

I was probably 10 and our barn had those huge hand hewn beams. We/I used to walk them all the time, what 20' up maybe. It was how you could get from the straw mow to the hay mow without having to climb down. The new baby kittens were up there. Well the big old green combine was sitting under a beam and somehow I fell on to the very top of the combine, wasn't hurt, just scared that my folks would kill me if they found out. I didn't tell them and because the top of the combine was so high and that was just kind of a roof over the part where the grain stalks were pulled up into the machine, I don't think they ever noticed it or if they did, they sure wondered how it could get dented way up there.

When my folks had their 50th anniversary at Maranatha Village in Florida, I had to do a little speech being I'm their only kid. I proceded to tell them of the terrible things I had done that they never found out. That was one. The other was when I got kept after school for talking too much (who me?) and managed to figure out a way to get to my friend's house and then went with her family to church that night and met my folks there to go home. I didn't lie to anybody but sure "left out" some stuff. When you are 15, you reason like that.

Pete's got some doozies of stories. Being a boy, and with boy cousins who lived in the other half of their huge farm house, they did some crazy boy stuff. Pete was in the barnyard one time and there was a young bull out there and he began pawing at the ground and snorting. Pete was afraid he didn't have time to get to the fence so picked up a rock (small one) and pitched it at the bull, smacking him right in the forehead. Pete turned and ran and as he was shinnying over the fence, looked back to see the bull hitting the ground,,,OUT COLD!!! Pete says he sat on the fence scared to death that he had killed the new bull. While he sat there sweating, for sure knowing his days were numbered, the bull picked up his head, kinda shook it, and stumbled to his feet/hooves. Unhuh, Pete never told his folks either.

Evidently somebody had an old wreck of a car with no doors sitting out behind a shed. It still ran though. So they took the car out in an open field where there was a tree. The tied a rope on the steering wheel and on the tree and got the car going round the tree so that each time the rope shortened up and the figured they'd jump out of the car and watch the car smash into the tree. I guess they must have done something to keep the gas peddle down a bit. Well wouldn't cha know it, the rope broke and the car took off across the field with the boys trying to catch up and get in. One fell and the car back wheel ran over his leg but the soil was soft enough it didn't break it. The boys couldn't catch it and eventually it smashed through the barnyard fence and hit the barn. Luckily, no animals or kids were hurt in the making of this mess.

Another thing they did was take the doll heads off Pete's sister's dolls, fill them with gravel, tie a light rope on them and go in the barn at dusk and whip them at the starlings that roosted there. Naughty naughty!!. Pete told this story at his 40th birthday party and Marcia shreiked, "So that's what happened to my doll heads!!"

City kids just don't have near the fun as farm kids.

2Farm kid stories Empty Re: Farm kid stories Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:00 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Sounds like kids are the same the world over, just have different tools. LOL.

3Farm kid stories Empty Re: Farm kid stories Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:09 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Kids these days don't know what they're missing. Ya know, if they could get into the small trouble when they are young, maybe they wouldn't be in such a hurry to get into BIG trouble later on! Farm kid stories 139955

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]