Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Mikey and others UFOs?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hey Mikey and others UFOs? Empty Hey Mikey and others UFOs? Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:17 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I'm curious as to your thoughts on UFOs and how that sits with your religious beliefs.

2Hey Mikey and others UFOs? Empty Re: Hey Mikey and others UFOs? Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:28 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Well, I'm not too sure about UFOs. I don't NOT believe in them, but I've never seen one myself. As far as I know, the Bible says nothing about God NOT making other beings on different worlds. Just that we are made in His image. I don't doubt that there may be others out there somewhere. God has made so many wonderous things, why wouldn't he make other beings?

3Hey Mikey and others UFOs? Empty Re: Hey Mikey and others UFOs? Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:04 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I believe the Bible but I believe that God was speaking to a very primitive group of people. Just like speaking to a child, you have to use easy examples to teach a lesson, you have to bring it down to their level. Therefore, the Bible is a group of parables or stories. Just like the fig tree that did not bear fruit, Jesus could have made figs as easy as he made the loaves and fishes but there is a lesson there.

I think, in my humble opinion, that when God left the Bible he never said "This is all that there is and there is no more." He did not feel the need to explain everything to us. The bible is more than we can ever comprehend in a lifetime but I don't think he got into the fine details.

For example, in Genesis when Cain killed Abel and was banned from Eden his first concern was that "The people out there will kill me." God said that he would put a mark on him so that they would not kill him.

Who were these other people if Adam and Eve were the first people and Cain and Abel were the first sons? God gives us lessons that small minds can learn. Jesus said "I have sheep in other flocks."

When you look into the night sky at the stars and consider that each one of those stars is a sun, just like ours with planets orbiting, and then consider the endless trillions of stars that exist that are beyond our vision without end, how can we think that we are the only ones?

Is God not big enough to manage other star systems, planets and people? I've never seen a UFO either but the vastness of the universe suggests that life may very well exist out there and that does not conflict with my Christianity.

4Hey Mikey and others UFOs? Empty Re: Hey Mikey and others UFOs? Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:59 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I agree. Very possible that there are others out there. Didn't Jesus say something about leaving and going to visit other tribes? Don't know exactly what that meant but I am open. If there are others, I don't know.

5Hey Mikey and others UFOs? Empty Re: Hey Mikey and others UFOs? Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:05 am

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

My short response is no, I don't believe in life forms visiting us from other planets.

I was some 10 minutes into writing a lengthy response when something happened to my pc and it crashed........

I'll start over later....but save it to a Word document...

Did I tell you I hate computers...

Hey  Chuck Misler is one of my mentors.  We have supported his ministry for many years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]