Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

LORD PROP US UP

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1LORD PROP US UP Empty Re: LORD PROP US UP Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:36 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Thanks, I needed that.

Yesterday we spent several hours weeding the landscaping at our empty parsonage. Our church has recently gone through what I see as a severe problem. Many long time members left. They of course were the "givers and doers". So I was depressed most of the time we worked there on the other side of the parking lot from the church.

Then I came home and saw that my daughter in law had posted a comment on Facebook about being unhappy with a certain someone. Then a guy replied to it that she needed to tell her husband, (my stepson)the loser, to get off his lazy @$$ and get a job and stop living off unemployment. Called him a worthless baby because he doesn't have a full time job and hasn't for almost two years. The company he was with went under and Ken was left without a job. Construction in Michigan is about nil. He keeps house, takes care of her 9 year old daughter and if he gets a chance to build a deck or pole barn, he does. Ken is almost the sweetest guy that I know next to his dad. He lived with us for about 7 years.

I was so furious that Tammie would let that guy talk about her husband like that on an open forum where Ken could see it, her kids could see it, their relatives could see it and friends could see it. Another thing that made me furious was that she obviously has been talking to this guy and telling him things about her and Ken's private life. I called Pete in and read it all to him and was bawling before it was done. I sent a message to the guy and advised him to not be venturing opinions about someone he didn't know and when it wasn't any of his business. He told me he was trying to "help things along" seeing the family doesn't do anything. I don't know what he expects the family to do. I told him that a winner (which seemed to be what he considered himself) doesn't do rude things like this on a public forum and give further injury to the marriage of a couple that is struggling.
So when I went to bed I couldn't sleep. I kept waking up. Couple of mosquitoes had gotten in and bitten me so had to get up and use the Stop Itch stuff.
Then this morning we went back over to the parsonage and worked about 5 more hours. I'm beat. But this leaning barn really hit the spot. Thanks for helping prop up this old leaning barn.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum