Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

The moles keep digging

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The moles keep digging Empty Re: The moles keep digging Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:07 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Is that a mole? I thought they were larger but couldn't say for sure. I've never seen one. That looks like what I have but I thought I had voles as the rascals look like a mouse but dark brown. I catch them running across the drive from bed to bed. They even got in the garage and chewed through the bottom of a garbage bag and I found one in the recycle bin. Now I have to elevate it on a stool. They are also making trails in my front lawn like they're eating the roots. The dirt isn't mounded up. I tried using a repelent but I've still got them. I don't want to have to deal with traps and little dead bodies, and I'm not as brave as JW to pick them up. I don't want to put posion out as cats or rabbits might find it. Does anyone have a humane but surefire way to get rid of them? I'm aftraid to see if I'm going to have a front lawn next spring.

2The moles keep digging Empty Re: The moles keep digging Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:08 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Thanks so much.  I've got some mint in the garden that the frost hasn't gotten yet.  I'm going to go out in a little while and drop some down the holes.  In the spring I'll make a batch of the repellent.  I don't want to kill them, I just want them to go away - forever.

3The moles keep digging Empty Re: The moles keep digging Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 pm

Cool Chools

Janice, aren't you afraid they'll bite you?

4The moles keep digging Empty The moles keep digging Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:33 pm

Mrs. Peepers

Hi Fishlips.
Sounds like what you have are Voles. We have them in the gardens where I work and they do look like mice but dark brown.
The Moles that JW has have really large digging feet on the front which as far as I can remember the Voles do not.
The only thing that took care of the Voles at work were hawks and kestrels.
So if you see hawks around say thanks.
Good luck to you I hope you find a sellution

5The moles keep digging Empty Re: The moles keep digging Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:52 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Thanks Mrs. Peepers. Yes, I think they are voles too. Anyone know where I can get a hawk? ex[smile2]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum