Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

What are you most thankful for this thanksgiving?

+4
fishlipsmcgee
bullfrog
rosebud
Mikey
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

In August my daughter blessed us with our 2nd granchild, Tabitha

I am thankful for a very loving, wonderful husband who has helped me through this year.
To my daughter and son in law for being there all the way.
To my grandson Paul, for deeply loving his grandmother.
To all my grandchildren for their laughter and kindness.
To all our friends who have been so supportative through this year.
And especially to God who has given me strength.

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Hard to say what I'm MOST thankful for. My family, of course, but I guess I'm just thankful that God has seen fit to have given me another year of life in this amazing world!
:[IMG]2thumbs01

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

I'm just thankful that God has seen fit to have given me another year of life in this amazing world!
Life here on earth is an interesting paradox for a believer. We enjoy life here and fight the approach of death and even weep for the passing of loved ones who are believers, yet our absolute best day here can in no way compare to our worst day, if there were such a thing, in heaven....

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I am the most thankful for my family first. My wife, kids and Grandkids. My health, my job and our pets. That I was born in America and not some third world country.

Oh, yes, and my friends here.

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I second everyone's posts (except I don't have grandchildren) and I would like to add I am thankful that I have a roof over my head and food to eat and a warm bed at night. There are many people who have worked their whole lives and did everything right who are not so blessed in this economy.

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

I am most thankful for my wife. She is my rock. Between her and our faith I have been able to remain positive in this year of extreme turmoil.

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

We just got back from seeing my dad and his wife in Tennessee. I composed this for another forum where discussion of religion and politics is forbidden.

Many thanks here too. Don't know where to begin. I'll throw a few kudos out to the forum and am grateful for my internet friends who are out there any time of the day or night. I'm thankful for their support and advice, both good and bad. LOL. I'm thankful for the life experience I've been given and thankful it has taught me many lessons. I'm thankful for a loving supportive family. I'm thankful that I've been blessed with a giving heart and glad to be able to see and meet the needs of others as well as receive help when needed. I'm thankful for the health I have, with only a few blips here and there, so far. I'm thankful for my DH and his good health too. We have been blessed with jobs and a good work ethic and that's to be thankful for too. I'm thankful for my home of 39 years. It is warm and comfortable and not too fancy or elegant, just comfortable. I'm thankful for a mind that seems to think clearly and is able to function well enough to get me through the day. I'm thankful for my pets who have shown me so much love and given me so many hours of adoration, fun and comfort. (We'll ignore the bad times) I'm thankful for the freedom to attend the church I have attended for 59 years and been a member of for about that long. I'm thankful for the friends there, for the many lessons learned there, for the ability to serve there, and for the support and love of folks there. I'm thankful for the gift given for me so many years ago that seals my future forever. I'm thankful for the world around me (what some might call "nature") and glad I find God's creation and creatures fun to observe and assist in their growth and comfort. I'm thankful for the ability I've been given of creativity, ability, and common sense. I'm thankful for the gifts of others to minister to me in the way of entertainment through the internet, TV, books, newspapers, music, theater, sports, hobbies and crafts.
Most of all, I'm thankful for the Giver of my blessings and for what was done for me.

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Very nicely said, Esther. I agree.

I am even grateful that I have the ability to forget, at times, just what all I do have to be grateful for! That just means I have much!

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Yup, we're safely back and had a good trip both ways. We were able to assist my stepmom to settle some issues with her builder of the new house. They now will be able to move in and then leave for Florida.

Eventually I'm going to post some pictures of a shortcut we took through the center of Tennessee going north from 40. We got lucky and I enjoyed every minute of that part of the trip.

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

How was your dad, Esther? Feeling better, I hope. Are they still planning to do the surgery?

Cool Chools

That I got to spend it with FRIENDS instead of FAMILY! ex[giggle]

Also that I'm still plugging along and able to pay the bills, even though this year has been perfectly horrible as far as my business goes.

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

this year has been perfectly horrible as far as my business goes.
Cool: If I'm not being too personal, what is your business in Houston?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum