Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cookie Time!!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cookie Time!! Empty Cookie Time!! Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:40 pm

wolfmom

wolfmom

CHOCOLATE CHIP TREASURE COOKIES
1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup unsifted flour
2 tsp. Baking powder
1 (14 oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
1 -1/3 cups flaked coconut
1 (12-oz) package chocolate chips (2 cups)
1 cup chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 375. In small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder. In large mixer bowl, beat Sweetened Condensed Milk and margarine until smooth. Add graham cracker crumb mixture; mix well. Stir in coconut, chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Store loosely covered at room temperature.

CHEWY COCONUT COOKIES
1-1/4 cups unsifted flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix flour, baking soda and salt together. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and add sugars gradually, beating thoroughly. Add the egg. Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Add the coconut and vanilla and mix well. Drop from teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 3-inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Makes 3 dozen.

HONEY-PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
1/2 cup shortening
1-cup creamy peanut butter
1-cup honey
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups all purpose flour
1-cup sugar
1-1/2 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
In mixing bowl, mix shortening, peanut butter and honey. Add eggs; mix well. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to peanut butter mixture and mix well. Roll into 1 to 1-1/2 inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork dipped in flour. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Yield about 5 doz.

2Cookie Time!! Empty Re: Cookie Time!! Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:32 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Oh my gosh those all sound so delicious. The chocolate chip treasure cookies sound like a bar cookie that I used to make years ago. Instead of mixing everything together you just layer all the ingredients in a baking pan and pour the condensed milk over the top and it gets kind of like carmel after it is baked. There was not flour in that recipe though. I might have to try your recipes then bring them across the street to the neighbors. That way I can try one or two and they're not in the house calling my name.

ex[thanks]

3Cookie Time!! Empty cookies Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:47 pm

wolfmom

wolfmom

I used to make those magic cookie bars too. These don't have that caramel in them from the condensed milk. They are my hubby's favorite cookies, next to coconut macaroons. I also have a recipe for homemade chocolate covered cherries that is really great, he will hide those to keep them away from everyone else:[IMG]/tongue00

4Cookie Time!! Empty Re: Cookie Time!! Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:16 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I love coconut macaroons. I have never made them though. Someone brought some into work once that the botoms were covered in chocolate. They were really good.

I have made a cookie that is a fudgy chocolate base, has a maraschino cherry in the middle and is covered with a fudgy chocolate frosting. Is that the one that your husband loves so much? I think it is a BH&G recipe. Let me know if you would like it and I'll dig it out. It's one of the favorites that I would make almost every year.

5Cookie Time!! Empty cookies Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:41 am

wolfmom

wolfmom

Thanks Fishlips, I'll stick with the ones that I make, I've posted the recipe if you are interested.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum