Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

AARP is one big lie.

+2
rosebud
Mikey
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1AARP is one big lie. Empty Re: AARP is one big lie. Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:00 am

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

I agree. Follow the money.......

2AARP is one big lie. Empty Re: AARP is one big lie. Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:00 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

When I turned 50 I joined AARP to try it out. I never renewed. Couldn't really see where they did a thing for me! The money was better spent on other things.

3AARP is one big lie. Empty Re: AARP is one big lie. Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:32 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

When I heard that they were supporting the liberal left's health care bill I took a look at what they really were. I didnt' know much about them before. I always assumed that they were a good organization that looked out for old people.

4AARP is one big lie. Empty Re: AARP is one big lie. Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:55 pm

When my hubby turned 50 I almost signed him up. Didn't take long to figure out that at that age nothing was of use to us so I tossed the stuff in the garbage.

5AARP is one big lie. Empty Re: AARP is one big lie. Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:01 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

A while back we were members for a year. During that time I tried to take advantage of what sounded like a great house and auto insurance plan. So I called them. We have a rather complicated setup as we have a home, two rental duplexes, 3 antique vehicles kept in storage maybe 8 months and on the road maybe 3-4, one on the road all the time vehicle, one 86 van in storage most of the time and one company truck driven by my husband all the time but owned by the company. By the time they finally could get their brain around all these weird things and transfer me a few times, some of the stuff was cheaper than State Farm where we have been customers for a long time, but most cost more. So needless to say we stayed put.

But if any of you guys have an antique/muscle car/classic, give Hagerty a call in Traverse City, Michigan. We have all three insured under them, year around but to be used for shows or parades only and it costs us $319 a year. We had taken out that insurance and 3 weeks later DH was on the way to a show and some guy spun out and smacked him twice and drove him into the guardrail on the other side to the tune of $10,000. There was absolutely no argument or dragging their feet doing business with them. I would recommend them to anybody with a special car.

6AARP is one big lie. Empty Re: AARP is one big lie. Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:04 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I also joined for the first year and didn't renew. Most hotels don't seem to honor their discount and I sure don't like their politics.

7AARP is one big lie. Empty Re: AARP is one big lie. Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:54 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Whoops, I guess I didn't finish that. As usual my mouth ran away with the topic. Yes, we didn't renew either and have been hearing the stuff about their politics on the news. No good.

8AARP is one big lie. Empty AARP Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:41 am

wolfmom

wolfmom

We also joined AARP, the first year we signed up for their auto insurance through The Hartford. The first year we had a good rate and good coverage, when it came time to renew, the rate was over $700 more for the same coverage. Needless to say we cancelled.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum