Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blessed day at church Sunday

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Blessed day at church Sunday Empty Blessed day at church Sunday Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:44 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Here is a copy of a letter I sent to all the members of our church who had a part in the Sunday evening concert service and are on Facebook.

This is being written so that those of you who participated in the concert and the fellowship time will know that I appreciated you using your time and God given talents to put together such an enjoyable evening for us.

We are so blessed to have so many wonderful voices in our church, and also so many of our people are trained with musical instruments too. The unseen sound people add so much to the efforts of the speakers and singers.

As the guitar began, I was immediately entranced by the words that Dion was singing and what was to come. It wasn't long and Pete and I were laughing at the quartet of UM, ladies (?) who did such a good job lip syncing. Then the next song and soloist blew me away. "Lord have mercy." Such control and the words touched my heart so I was already reaching for my tissues. Oh how I remember doing the Hallelujah Chorus over the years and the struggle to get the timing down and coming in at the right moments etc. It was beautiful. I know it's sometimes difficult to sing to a taped accompaniment but you folks don't seem to have a problem. Dion must memorize the numbers from start to finish. I can't say enough about each and every part of the concert. The instruments were just perfect and the voices so practiced and well done. Everyone performed with spirit given and led ability. The skit was well done and very touching. When the bells rang, I felt shivers as I realized Henry's agony when he composed I Heard the Bells. Oh and the narration too, fit so perfectly with the music. The message contained not only the story of God's love in sending his Son but it didn't end there. It told of the blessing we were granted on the cross and simply gave the plan of salvation and invitation.

Thank you all for sharing your talents and giving us such a blessed evening. It was a two tissue one for me. LOL.

2Blessed day at church Sunday Empty Re: Blessed day at church Sunday Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:31 am

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

Other than applause, many people don't go to that extra effort to thank people. Good for you Esther.

3Blessed day at church Sunday Empty Re: Blessed day at church Sunday Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:52 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Mikey, I was a part of that choir up until about 5-6 years ago. So I know what goes into putting something together like that and I appreciate every moment. I remember struggling for months to learn my music and my nervousness while performing. I remember standing in high heel shoes on bleachers for an hour, with my feet killing me, wondering why I had not worn flats. LOL.
Besides, music will often reach me much more quickly than the spoken word. When we walked out that night, I turned to Pete and said, "Is my nose red?" He said, "A little." Then I said, "Are there any black dribbles below my eyes?" He laughed and told me I looked fine.

A couple of years ago, I made thank you postcards for everybody in the concert and mailed them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum