Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Any thougnts on near bombing of Northwest flight to Detroit

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Any thougnts on near bombing of Northwest flight to Detroit...

Did anyone hear why Detroit?

Do you think Obama administraton will try to blame Bush administration?

Will Obama administraton get tough on terrorists?

Will Obama appologize?

Any thoughts or comments? This could have been a very big deal had it not been a failure and thwarted by passengers.

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

All I know is this:

FACT: This knucklehead is a terrorist

FACT: This knucklehead tried to bring down a U.S. aircraft on U.S. soil

FACT: This knucklehead has information vital to U.S. security

FACT: We cannot use methods of interrogation such as waterboarding that will reveal that vital information

FACT: President Obama is weak on national security and his refusal to be harsh with terrorists is proof

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Being a Metro Detroiter I can't help but wonder if this guy was successful what neighborhood would this plane have landed. If he tried to explode this device 10 minutes from landing at the airport I am trying to figure out what city the plane would have crashed in. Knowing the area, it would have been heavily populated. I don't know how to figure out what city would have been 10 minutes from the air and also what direction the plane would have been comming in at for which runway.

This was their plan, not only to kill all aboard the plane but also to do catastrophic damage on the ground...on Christmas day. I am kind of surprised tha Detroit would have been chosen. We have the largest Arab population in this area outside of the middle east.

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Fishlips, you can figure: at approx. 100-120 kpm (knots per minute), approx. 2 mpm (miles per minute). It would take about 30 minutes to go approx 50-55 miles.

Of course, I'm not familiar with airspeed of fixed-wing aircraft (planes), so I don't know how fast they would have been going, even if they were in a descent.

Just giving you some numbers to go by.

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Thanks Bartender. Of course also not knowing what direction the plane was coming in from and exactly how long before landing he tried to explode the bomb it is hard to say which city or neighborhood would have had flaming plane debris landing on it. They say there are more of these guys ready to go. I think they will tweak the explosives a little before their next try so it will explode and bring the plane down next time.

Does anyone feel safe? I think the terrorists feel that they can try almost anything because this administration will not be tough and retaliate. When the president spoke about this he didn't even use the "T" word. He said that a "passenger" had "allegedly" tried to ignite something. allegedly??? Hell! there were 6 foot flames shooting out of his pants and they found explosives in his underwear. Until this president can admit to a terrorist attack, call a terrorist a terrorist and not be afraid of offending anyone we don't have a chance in hell. Be prepared for more attacks.

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Yeah well, Chicken Little may have been on to something: "The sky is falling". ex[oldie]

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

The whole controversy of course has to do with treating this terrorist as a criminal rather than a war combatant. In Obamamania world there is no war against Muslim terrorists. This clown from Nigeria with the crotch bomb was initially singing like a canary until he was handed over to our criminal system where he was advised of his rights and he lawyered up...

I was watching O'Reilly tonight and Bernie Goldberg had an interesting comment that I agree with. He said that if one of these terrorists groups had kidnapped Obama's two little girls and we had captured one of the terrorists he would waterboard the hell out of him to gain information yet he won't waterboard terrorists to protect the general American public.

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Very true, Mikey!

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I saw that, Mikey. There have been a lot of people making very good points regarding how this administration's policy on terrorism. Oh I forgot, it's not called terrorism anymore ex[wink1]

I guess this guy, when he realized that he was not destined for martyrism was singing like a bird until he got lawyered up and got the same rights that we US citizens have.

The prez is holding a press conference in about an hour to talk about new security policies. I'm really surprised that he suspended transferring Gitmo detainees back to Yemen so hopefully he'll decided to get tough and keep us safe. Naawwww...What was I thinking??? I forgot who I was talking about for a minute there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum