Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am stunned

+5
Stretch
fishlipsmcgee
texasjoe
rosebud
bullfrog
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26I am stunned - Page 2 Empty Re: I am stunned Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:08 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Yup, I suspect we are best trained to be able to understand and talk about something we have actually experienced in life. Then with that coupled to gained knowledge, it can work out well.

27I am stunned - Page 2 Empty Re: I am stunned Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:55 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

bullfrog wrote:

When I got home, there was an acceptance letter in my email.

ex[hooray] ex[pirate] CONGRATULATIONS!! ex[pirate] ex[hooray]

28I am stunned - Page 2 Empty Re: I am stunned Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:28 am

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

good for you brother ex[cheers]

29I am stunned - Page 2 Empty Re: I am stunned Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:08 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

The acceptance letter merely means that the agent is interested and wants to read more, it doesn't mean that she has accepted it or will send to an editor to print. She did ask me to send the first three chapters to her in the mail, which I did. It will arrive via Fedex tomorrow. So, somewhere in Utah a lady will be reading it over her coffee tomorrow morning. I was just thrilled to get this because as I said there is a 98% fail ratio of submitted work. Once the agent accepts it you are on your way because they know what will sell and what won't.

The writer's forum that I belong to have such nay sayers. I was excited and told them about it and got "There is no way this work is ready to submit, you just finished it, you had better not send it in, etc."

I told them that several good friends had been reading and helping me correct it, finding typos and making suggestions and they liked it enough to wade through all 90,140 words of it. Their answer was "Are these writers or just people?"

Well guess what, I want "just people" to read my work, not writers. I want to entertain people, get them interested in a flight of fantasy where they like the characters, an unlikely group of misfits and friends all struggling toward a common goal. I think perhaps the ones saying this are maybe jealous because as one said yesterday, they have changed and submitted 24 different versions of their work.

Who knows? It may never get to print but I sure had fun writing it.

30I am stunned - Page 2 Empty Re: I am stunned Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:25 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Yeah, who cares if "writers" like it or not. Regular folks are the ones who buy the books! And WE like it! ex[nod]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum