Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stone fountain in a pot

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stone fountain in a pot Empty Stone fountain in a pot Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:55 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

I made this about three summers ago. The hot glue has held up pretty well considering it has been run 24/7 for three seasons. I used just plain craft hot glue. I started with an 5 quart icecream bucket cover. I cut a hole in the center of it and a 1 pound deli container. I glued the 1 pound deli container to the inside of the icecream bucket cover, centering it carefully. Stone fountain in a pot Undersideoffountain
I then began to glue 1" stones to it and covered it completely, making raised edges on the top and on the lower level. I then took smaller pebbles and stuck them in any cracks or crevases. Stone fountain in a pot FountaintoppipeheadThe pot I was using is rather deep so I stacked bricks to hold the fountain top. The PVC stand covers the little pump and holds it in place and also holds the bricks. Stone fountain in a pot Insidepot

I found tubing and PVC pipe to make the standpipe and hold the fountain head. WALA!!
Finished productStone fountain in a pot Finishedfountain

2Stone fountain in a pot Empty Re: Stone fountain in a pot Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:31 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

This summer I took a 5 gallon pail cover and added it to the fountain and covered it with stones. It now covers the top of the top more.

3Stone fountain in a pot Empty Re: Stone fountain in a pot Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:17 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Well, the original section, now that I read what I copied off, Um, another forum was just old fashioned hot glue. We have both a small glue gun and a large one that takes bigger sticks and the sticks are probably 3 times as long. You can get different types of glue like the stuff you'd use to glue up furniture. But that was just that plain clear or foggy hot glue.
On the second section, I forgot what I used and used bathtub caulk. Either I didn't let it dry well enough before I set the water running or something because some of the side stones have begun to sag pretty bad. I'll have to redo them.

4Stone fountain in a pot Empty Re: Stone fountain in a pot Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:06 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Be careful and don't get the hot glue on your skin. It also can be a pain as it strings out sometimes and leaves this spiderwebby strand that is a pain to pick off. Also, once it has cooled a bit but still warm, you can wet your finger and press it flat without it sticking to your skin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]