Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please Pray for my Dad

+3
fishlipsmcgee
bullfrog
Freddie Peepers
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Please Pray for my Dad Empty Please Pray for my Dad Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:10 am

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

My dad has been having chest pains lately. My mother and my niece finally convinced him to go to the hospital on Wednesday. He was admitted for overnight observation and had a stress test on Thursday. He couldn't even finish the test . They gave him a chemical stress test and he experienced chest pain again. Today he has to go for an angiogram (sp?). If the doctor sees any blockage, they will do an angioplasty immediately today. If the blockage is severe enough, he will be scheduled for open heart surgery. I am leaving for the hospital now, so I can be there with my Mom while all this takes place today. My father's name is Bernard Johnson
Please include him in your prayers

2Please Pray for my Dad Empty Re: Please Pray for my Dad Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:36 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I have prayed for him and will continue to do so, keep us updated please.

3Please Pray for my Dad Empty Re: Please Pray for my Dad Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:10 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Just said a prayer for him and your family Freddie. It's a good thing that they are doing what they have to now before a heart attack. Please keep us posted on his progress.

4Please Pray for my Dad Empty Re: Please Pray for my Dad Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:43 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Well I'm glad he was convinced to seek help. Praying.

5Please Pray for my Dad Empty Re: Please Pray for my Dad Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:18 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I'll sure pray for him, Freddie. Maybe it won't be bad enough to require surgery.

6Please Pray for my Dad Empty Re: Please Pray for my Dad Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:47 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

Praying for God's healing for your dad.

7Please Pray for my Dad Empty Re: Please Pray for my Dad Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:40 pm

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

Mom and I spent all day at the hospital. The procedure was supposed to take place at 11:30 A.M. There were a couple of cardiac emergencies so my dad had to wait for his turn as the emergencies take precedence.
He finally got into the O.R. at 4:30 in the afternoon. The test showed blockage in several smaller arteries that could be treated with medicine. One slightly larger artery had 95% blockage so a stint was placed,another has 60 percent blockage but the doctor said to wait and see if meds can take care of that one, but if he experiences any more chest pain he will be back for another procedure.
After it was over and the doctor was telling us this, he looked at my dad and told him if he doesn't take his medicine (diabetes and high cholesterol) he will have a heart attack and die
I was talking to my mom while we were in the waiting area and apparently my dad has been having pains for several MONTHS but refused to see the doctor. Well needless to say this was an eye opener for him. I stayed at the hospital until they got him back in his room for the night and could see in his face that he was feeling better. When his dinner arrived he ate it up like he was starving.
Thank you for the prayers and well wishes. He is resting now and should be coming home tomorrow.
Please Pray for my Dad Newpictures1209086
here's a picture of my dad from last August at our house. Yes he is Santa Claus

8Please Pray for my Dad Empty Re: Please Pray for my Dad Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:14 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Glad to hear that all went well. Wow dude, he looks like the King in my book!

9Please Pray for my Dad Empty Re: Please Pray for my Dad Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:06 am

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

Glad to see He's improved. I sure hope he will listen to them now and take his meds.

It's amazing to me how heart procedures have gotten to the point that they are almost in and out types of things. When my dad had open heart surgery a couple times back in the 60's and he was in the hospital for over two weeks each time.

10Please Pray for my Dad Empty Re: Please Pray for my Dad Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:30 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Freddie, you are so lucky! You're Dad is Santa Claus! But seriously, I'm glad that things turned out so well. He still has to be very careful with that stint for a while. I remember my orders. No lifting, no bending over, get plenty of rest. I didn't realize that, until they settle in, those stints can move! It's very important that he follow doctor's orders! My stints have been in a year now. They really made such a difference. I'm also diabetic like your Dad. Keep after him to watch his diet. That can make all the difference in his recovery.

11Please Pray for my Dad Empty Re: Please Pray for my Dad Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:17 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I'm happy to hear that your dad didn't need more extensive surgery and that he is doing well. I hope that this scare will convince him to follow doctors orders and to see the doctor on a regular basis so he will be around for a long time.

12Please Pray for my Dad Empty Re: Please Pray for my Dad Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:23 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Amazing what the doctors can do. Hope he continues to do well on the meds.

13Please Pray for my Dad Empty Re: Please Pray for my Dad Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:23 am

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

Dad came home yesterday afternoon. He is feeling better and we are going to visit him today. When I said he is Santa I really meant it. He has the suit and everything. He is the "official" Santa Claus in the town he lives in,meaning every Christmas he rides into town on the back of a firetruck and lights the community tree. He started as a mall Santa 5 or 6 years ago.

Now he does private parties and makes appearances at restaurants and hospitals. He even has a modeling portfolio and has been contacted by the Ford Modeling Agency. He has done several television appearances as Santa and a few print ads too. My mom dresses as Mrs. Claus and has done appearances with him. I'll try and post a picture of Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus in the next few days.

Thanks again for all the concerns

14Please Pray for my Dad Empty Re: Please Pray for my Dad Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:28 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

So Freddie, does the costume and wigs get handed down to you to carry on the tradition?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]