Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Captain Phil Harris from Deadliet Catch dies at age 53

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

me too ...we really liked that show

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I heard that earlier today. While I never watched the show on a regular basis I am familiar with it.

Rest in Peace Phil Harris. May the angels lead you into paradise.

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

That really sucks, only 53 years old. I keep telling my friends at work that you just don't know how much time you have to be here. They know I'm going to retire in 5 1/2 months and some of them say "look at all of the money that you are leaving on the table." I tell them "Look at all of the life that you are leaving on Exxon's table."

You see, they not only add 7% ExxonMobil stock to your portfolio every payday, but the longer you stay the more your retirement pension is. This is the money that they give you and it goes up with your tenure. Most people take it as a lump sum and invest it with a yield of 5%-10%.

Retiring at 55 my lump sum will only be around 250,000.00 because I didn't hire on until I was 35, of course if I stayed until I was 60 it would be more but I'll have to work there 5 more years which isn't tolerable. I have saved at times up to 18% in my 401k so we will be alright.

I called a local college and the director of the EMS program sounds enthused about hiring me to teach, which I actually love doing. He asked for a resume which I sent yesterday. I think I'll actually live longer if I get away from the benzene and asbestos.

Like I said, you never know how much time that you have to live, one guy there actually got killed on the way home from his retirement party.

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

As I recall from watching the program he had health issues prior to this stroke. I hardly ever saw him without a cigarette in hand and I doubt he ever exercised.

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

Mikey wrote:As I recall from watching the program he had health issues prior to this stroke. I hardly ever saw him without a cigarette in hand and I doubt he ever exercised.
This is true, he smoked like a chimney and on one episode I recall one of his kids commenting how the Capt. had drank 14 Red Bull energy drinks in less than 24 hours Captain Phil Harris from Deadliet Catch dies at age 53 932701

If that doesn't put a strain on your heart then I don't know what would. He talked about his high blood pressure all the time too

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

Sometimes watching old TV programs can be rather depressing when nearly the half the cast is now dead. In the case of Bonanza, all the lead characters have died.... It makes me realize I am not long for this world.....but since my faith is in Christ, death has no sting to this person..... ex[tongue]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum