Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

My 6mile walk from home and back again

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

It's beautiful up the there.

2My 6mile walk from home and back again Empty Re: My 6mile walk from home and back again Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:01 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Wow! If I had that view, I might really enjoy walking! Beautiful country up there! I might try taking pics on my next walk. Then you'll see why I really don't like to walk any more. I'll bet you sleep good after a walk like that! Sleep

3My 6mile walk from home and back again Empty Re: My 6mile walk from home and back again Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:15 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

What beautiful scenery you have to look at during your walks. Great pictures! My 6mile walk from home and back again 700103 How wonderful that you take a six mile walk. How long does it take you?

PS Do you carry your cell phone with you just in case you run into any trouble?

4My 6mile walk from home and back again Empty Great pics Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:07 pm

You took some great pictures on your walk. Some of those ponds were rather interesting also.

Happy ponding,

Rich   ex[walker]  ex[walker]  ex[walker]  ex[walker]  ex[walker]  ex[walker]  ex[walker]  ex[walker]  ex[walker]  ex[walker]  ex[walker]  ex[walker]  ex[walker]  ex[walker]  ex[walker]  ex[walker]  ex[walker]  ex[walker]

5My 6mile walk from home and back again Empty Pics Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:42 pm

I have to take my camera along left time I take Mr. Buttons for a long walk.

Hapy ponding,

Rich My 6mile walk from home and back again 265366

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Thanks so much for taking us on your walk. I'm sure I lost several ounces if not a pound.

I love to drive in the country and often tell Pete to go home a different way than how we went. By the way, why was every critter staring at you? Just not the bunny. LOL. Scenery around here is pretty much all the same. Everything is black and white. Well some other colors I suppose----cement, tar, houses, cars, bare trees, some green pine trees. We got maybe 10" of snow added to what we had, the last couple of days but everything is plowed out well already and no problem.

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Where in MI did you live?  Esther is on the west side of the state and I am on the east.

8My 6mile walk from home and back again Empty Re: My 6mile walk from home and back again Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:34 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

LOL about talking to the animals. I do that too all the time. Many years ago, my (now X) husband and I lived on campus at Western Michigan University. We used to go for walks and there were squirrels all over. Lyle would get so embarrassed because I was always talking to them. Pete just kinda ignores me when I do it.

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Oh, you lived not too far from me. Maybe things were different when you lived in Pontiac, but now it's not too safe of an area.

Yes, the winters are cold, and the summers are humid but generally the temps aren't that hot. I think the humidity makes it seem hotter. I lived in Reno for about 2 1/2 years. Besides loving the mountains it was so wonderful getting away from the humidty. Even though the temperature was in the 80s or 90s ut was comfortable in the shade.

We do have some nice comfortable days in the spring and fall. It's just in the dead of winter and summer that temps get extreme but it's not every day. The temps are pretty moderate. I'm no fan of severe storms or tornadoes either. I've never been in a tornado either, but a few have come close. I've seen some pretty scary thunderstorms, though. My 6mile walk from home and back again 357774 Did you ever see the sky turn green?

In Michigan they say if you don't like the weather, just wait five minutes and it will change ex[happy]

Last edited by fishlipsmcgee on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum