Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Valentine's Day Dinner

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Valentine's Day Dinner Empty Valentine's Day Dinner Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:18 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

If you cooked at home, instead of going out. What did you cook (Freddie Peepers taught me that I have to be very careful with my wording. See Chile Rellanos post ex[giggle]

I have a big pot of sauce simmering on the stove and it smells wonderful. I am also making breaded steak and a nice salad. Since I am on WW and didn't have the extra points for a truly sinful dessert, I made Hungry Girl's Brownie Muffins for dessert. I might split them and put a dab of Edy's Slow Churned ice cream in the middle.

I'll post a review of the brownie muffins later.

Yum Yum Brownie Muffins
Hungry Girl http://www.hungry-girl.com/

(1 Muffin, or 3 minis - 181 calories, 3.5g fat, 37g carbs, 2g, fiber, 2g protein - 4 WW points)

This super-simple 2-ingredient recipe is a Weight Watchers Fave!

1 box devil’s food cake mix
1 can solid pack pumpkin (15 oz.)

Directions:
Mix the two ingredients together. Don't add anything else that may be mentioned on the box, such as eggs, oil, or water. The mixture will be very thick and you will be tempted to add in other things to make the batter smoother. DO NOT DO THIS AS IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING! Place batter into muffin tins (or mini muffin tins) lined with paper, or sprayed with non-stick spray

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12 regular or 36 mini muffins.

2Valentine's Day Dinner Empty Re: Valentine's Day Dinner Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:14 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

If you cooked at home, instead of going out.  What did you cook (Freddie Peepers taught me that I have to be very careful with my wording.  See Chile Rellanos post  ex[giggle]

I have a big pot of sauce simmering on the stove and it smells wonderful.  I am also making breaded steak and a nice salad.  Since I am on WW and didn't have the extra points for a truly sinful dessert, I made Hungry Girl's Brownie Muffins for dessert.  I might split them and put a dab of Edy's Slow Churned ice cream in the middle.

I'll post a review of the brownie muffins later.

Yum Yum Brownie Muffins
Hungry Girl http://www.hungry-girl.com/

(1 Muffin, or 3 minis - 181 calories, 3.5g fat, 37g carbs, 2g, fiber, 2g protein - 4 WW points)

This super-simple 2-ingredient recipe is a Weight Watchers Fave!

1 box devil’s food cake mix
1 can solid pack pumpkin (15 oz.)

Directions:
Mix the two ingredients together. Don't add anything else that may be mentioned on the box, such as eggs, oil, or water. The mixture will be very thick and you will be tempted to add in other things to make the batter smoother. DO NOT DO THIS AS IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING! Place batter into muffin tins (or mini muffin tins) lined with paper, or sprayed with non-stick spray

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12 regular or 36 mini muffins.[/quote]

Does Weight Watchers really work? Do you ever get hungry? And do you go to the meetings or just do it all on your own? I'm on the low carb diet and have been for several yrs and I'm bored w/ it now. Just thinking of maybe switching to something else.[/quote]

I love WW.  No I'm never hungry because there is always something that I can eat.  You can try it online trial for free and it's only $17.00 a month.  You enter what you eat every day and it will calculate your points, enter your activity and it will give you points credit, and tell you how many points you spent for the day, and what you ahve left each week.  You can even enter any recipe you like and it will calculate the points for you.  They also have several message boards so there is one for whatever your interest and even one dedicated to recipes.  You can eat whatever you want but of course healthy eating is stressed and you get more to eat by making healthy choices especially if the items are high in fiber. You can go online and check it out.  There are some areas you cannot access that give point information and information on the program unless you join or do the free trial membership.  I think it is a really heathy lifestyle and easy to follow.

Check out the different tabs.  Food & recipes, Community (message boards), etc.  

http://www.weightwatchers.com/plan/www/online_01.aspx

http://www.weightwatchers.com/Index.aspx

3Valentine's Day Dinner Empty Re: Valentine's Day Dinner Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:01 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

My stepdaughter lost 75 pounds using the online WW plan about a year ago. She has kept it off too. She just got some exercise thingy to use with her WII.

My diet meal for the two of us was: 4 scrambled eggs, 4 pieces of toast, a pound of bacon (we ate it all), 8 ounces of orange juice, and 2 glasses of milk. Now doesn't that sound like a romantic meal? And diet to boot!! LOL ex[nod]

4Valentine's Day Dinner Empty Re: Valentine's Day Dinner Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:47 am

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Well, IF we had stayed home and cooked, we would have cooked our "traditional" Valentine's Day meal: breakfast!

It all started the first year we met: I had a group of friends/family over that night (it was a Friday), and we had breakfast. My (eventual) Honey came with a long-stemmed yellow rose in hand for each of the adults (women): me, my cousin, and our mutual friend who had introduced us. He also gave me his Heart-"Bad Animals" CD. We had a houseful of kids, yet he survived it all. That night, he actually outlasted Cathy, so after she left, he asked if I'd like to go out soon---JUST the TWO of us! Hahaha, of course I did!!! The rest is history!

Oh, and BTW: We went to IHOP tonight...just the two of us. It's the first time the kids haven't been with us for our tradition of 13 years. ex[cry]

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum