Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did my audition today

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Did my audition today Empty Did my audition today Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:43 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I went to a local college last week and applied to teach there. I was mistakenly told that they needed a Director of Patient Care Technology but was informed that the class hadn't even been established but but was asked if I would teach. I had to return today to do my "audition" in front of all of the other instructors.

I'm cool with students but being in front of my peers was a little unnerving. After a few minutes I was able to relax and had them laughing. After the "Class" they asked me questions and seemed to like me. One woman stayed behind, the Administrator as the others went off to a meeting. She told me that I did great and wants to hire me as a night instructor, as that role keeps being turned down. It would be Monday through Thursday from 5:00 PM to 10:30 PM.

I told her that I'd give her my schedule and barring any unexpected overtime, I could fill in in the meantime until I retired. I am basically hired... if my criminal background check doesn't bounce me out. It was 37 years ago when I was 17, I hope they consider that.

2Did my audition today Empty Re: Did my audition today Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:27 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

I'm glad you did well. I wouldn't be concerned about a juvenile arrest record.

3Did my audition today Empty Re: Did my audition today Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:09 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

At 17 I was considered an adult in Texas. I don't think it will hurt me.

4Did my audition today Empty Re: Did my audition today Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:05 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

I knew you'd do well. Hope it works out.

5Did my audition today Empty Re: Did my audition today Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:12 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I'm sure you'll be fine. They won't hold that against you. When I had to take the drug test for my (hopeful) return to work the HR guy told me that they had some sort of special work program with a community collage. They ALL failed the drug test. Amazing! Did my audition today 631640

6Did my audition today Empty Re: Did my audition today Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:18 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I'm sure they know a good thing when they see it! You shouldn't have any problems!

7Did my audition today Empty Re: Did my audition today Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:47 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Thank you all for the kind words. I have another offer from a larger university in the same town but they have an instructor observe your first three or four classes. Getting up in front of a group of students who themselve's are nervous, but have no knowledge is one thing, you are in charge.

Getting up in front of an entire group of other instructors and being critiqued is quite another. Still, I have more medical experience and knowledge than most of them. Most of them were medical assistants, that is what I will be teaching. You know the woman who takes you back, weighs you, takes your blood pressure and vitals before you see the doctor. It is a very structured world, everyone coming in on appointments. I am used to finding the house at night and starting an IV, defibrillating (shocking) a patient and pushing drugs while the family is screaming in the background or working major wrecks with severe trauma. Actually I'm overqualified for the job and have taught at two universities so teaching isn't a problem.

I know that I nailed the audition, the background check still haunts me though. Hopefully they won't care as I was 17 and it was so long ago.

I sold my power boat as I only fish out of a kayak now. I was going to buy a zero turn mower and pick up 10 or 20 lawns to supplement my pension, it pays extremely well. My wife did not agree. "You hate mowing grass, your knees are torn up from firefighting, you have so much knowledge and experience, you need to teach, you are good at it." So finally I relented. When I went in for my interview, they gave me a tour of the facility. I did not see one man, it was all young women. I was told that the average student was a single mom with 1-2 kids who needed a good paying job and could not go to 2 years of nursing, this course is 5 months.

I was told that I was interviewing for a director position so I wore a nice 3 piece suit, the girls (students) were quite flirtatious even though I'm a 54 year old man. So now, if and when I get the job my wife will ask "So... how many of your students are girls?" I'll say "28". Then she will ask "So.... how many are guys?" I'll say "None"

I will then remind her that I wanted to mow lawns, that she pushed me into this. I think I'm safe but I really don't know. ex[giggle]

8Did my audition today Empty Re: Did my audition today Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:49 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Uh, maybe your dear wife will decide to take your class too, just to protect you from all those young sex-starved moms.

Did my audition today 702602 ex[lol] ex[scared]

9Did my audition today Empty Re: Did my audition today Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:44 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

rosebud wrote:Uh, maybe your dear wife will decide to take your class too, just to protect you from all those young sex-starved moms.

Did my audition today 702602 ex[lol] ex[scared]

There are no young, sex starved moms. I have never known a young woman that was starved for sex, women have the lock, we have just have the key.

Students do get a sort of "hero worship" for their instructor because they want his knowledge, they do flirt but I know I can't possibly do better than my wife and don't care to try. Not only is she drop dead gorgeous, we fit like a jigsaw puzzle. How I ever won her heart still stuns me, how we ever met in this world, by chance on the internet just blows me away. I'm not turning this loose, you can bet your bottom dollar.

I mean c'mon, you have seen me. I am a short Cocky Spaniard (full blooded) swarthy of skin and with a really big nose. I'm not going anywhere.

Did my audition today Vicki1

10Did my audition today Empty Re: Did my audition today Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:21 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I've only met your wife 2 times, but I got the impression that she never sees what's on the outside of a person. She sees what they really are on the inside. I guess when she met you, she liked what she saw. And, I don't believe your meeting was "chance". God knew what He was doing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum