Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

UCI botanical gardens event

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1UCI botanical gardens event Empty UCI botanical gardens event Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:59 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

I'm off this morning to the University of California @ Irvine botanical gardens for their annual South African bulbs sale. I hope to keep my wallet in my back pocket and just look......

http://arboretum.bio.uci.edu/calendar2.cfm

2UCI botanical gardens event Empty Re: UCI botanical gardens event Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:58 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

Well, I did a so-so job of keeping my wallet in my back pocket. I wanted about 4 or 5 of their plants and I resisted and came away with two plants. A lot of their aloes in the garden were in bloom and I will post photos of them a bit later.

3UCI botanical gardens event Empty Re: UCI botanical gardens event Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:30 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

I took these photos of mostly South African Aloes in UCI's botanical garden.
UCI botanical gardens event UCI020

UCI botanical gardens event UCI019

UCI botanical gardens event UCI018

UCI botanical gardens event UCI017

UCI botanical gardens event UCI015

UCI botanical gardens event UCI013

UCI botanical gardens event UCI012

UCI botanical gardens event UCI011

UCI botanical gardens event UCI010

UCI botanical gardens event UCI008

UCI botanical gardens event UCI007

4UCI botanical gardens event Empty Re: UCI botanical gardens event Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:41 pm

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

Fantastic pics......Are any of those examples of the ones you purchased?

5UCI botanical gardens event Empty Re: UCI botanical gardens event Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:20 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

No. But I have the three bulbs that are shown flowering in the 4th photo down, however, none of mine are blooming yet even though UCI is only 30 minutes down the road....

6UCI botanical gardens event Empty A warmer climate Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:43 am

Oldmarine

Oldmarine
Minnow
Minnow

I lived in the bay area of San Francisco for twelve years from 1969 to 1981, and I really loved the weather there. Growing up here in the northwest I remember my dad attempting to grow cactus in the southerly kitchen of our home. While living in the bay area that memory kinda gave me the bug to try growing some cactus out on our patio in Cupertino, CA. One thing I found out right away was that growing cactus in that warm climate was effortless. After the first year I had collected around two dozen varieties of large native and local cactus. Starting in the early spring the cactus would start to bloom, and at a given point every cactus would be in full bloom. For those of you that have never seen cactus blooming, well, all I can say is that it is breath taking for both sight and smell.
I have some cactus here on my enclosed front porch that will be going out in front of my garage which faces west and will get most of the heat of the summer days. The last two years some of my small collection of cactus has managed to bloom and do quite well. I guess we'll see what this year brings.

Happy ponding,

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/oldmarine1969

7UCI botanical gardens event Empty Cactus Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:48 pm

Oldmarine

Oldmarine
Minnow
Minnow

I'm still learning this computer stuff. I need some coaching on how to post pics.

Happy ponding,

8UCI botanical gardens event Empty Test Picture Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:33 pm

Oldmarine

Oldmarine
Minnow
Minnow

"E:\Pictures\2009first week of August\2009first week of August 048.jpg"

JW, I tried what you said noted above. I must be doing something wrong. I'll keep trying.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum