Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fish problems

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fish problems Empty Fish problems Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:36 pm

Oldmarine

Oldmarine
Minnow
Minnow

I haven't had any problems with diseased fish or any parasites as of yet, and of course I hope don't. Have any of you had any diseased fish problems that required medication or treatment?

Happy ponding,

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/oldmarine1969

2Fish problems Empty Re: Fish problems Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:38 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Once when I used to bring the fish inside and put them in a 55 gallon aquarium, I had one that got white spots and think it was called Ich. I quarantined him and salted the water and changed some of the water every so often. He got over whatever it was. Then I had one with the pine cone disease and I euthanized him in the freezer. I had two big Koi commit suicide in the bitty bog. And all my fish died similar to Janice's the same year. I came to the same conclusion. But my pond was clean. I had run a deicer all winter but maybe my fish were too big and depleted the oxygen. Some were 7-8 years old and the biggest was 4 pounds and 22" nose to tail tip. SAD, I lost 10 huge fish.

3Fish problems Empty Re: Fish problems Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:21 am

Oldmarine

Oldmarine
Minnow
Minnow

Two days ago my largest male Shubunkin was suddenly curled up in 'U' shape and couldn't swim without shaking in a spasm. Then it would sink to the bottum, and then try to swim again. I couldn't watch any longer. I figured if it's going to die, there is nothing I can do. Yesterday looked when feeding the fish, and he was fine and swimming around like the rest like nothing was ever wrong. I have no clue what could have been wrong with him.

Happy ponding, ex[Koi]

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/oldmarine1969

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum