Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Went fishing

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Went fishing Empty Went fishing Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:32 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I took the smaller Scrambler to Texas Bayou yesterday, there wasn't another boat on the water. I got all the way to my spot and caught a small hardhead, that's when I realized I forgot my pliers. Being real careful, I pinned the guy in the rod holder and got the hook out. I drifted over the shell pad and was catching reds on every cast, no kidding. Must have caught 10-15 of them about 18" long. The tide was coming in so I staked out near a marsh drain that had the tide flowing in. First cast there caught a flounder. I finally got a keeper red. Then, another small hardhead.

I pinned him in the rod holder, got the hook out and flipped him out of the boat. His pectoral fin stuck all the way in my calf, he was pinned there like a dart over an inch deep and flipping like crazy. I pulled him out and bled for a while. When I got home and showered, I had a lump the size of a golf ball there and it hurt like hell. I looked at my dog and got an idea. I licked my fingers and rubbed the lump. Believe it or not, the swelling went down. Dogs lick their wounds, they say there is a lot of bacteria in the mouth, but all I know is the swelling went down immediately. Anyway, wound up with two..

Went fishing Fish001

2Went fishing Empty Re: Went fishing Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:28 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Sounds like you had a productive time, at least until that fish attacked you. As crude as it might seem, I also lick my wounds when they are small. But be sure to keep an eye on it in case it looks like it's getting infected.

3Went fishing Empty Re: Went fishing Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:38 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

you & I think alike! My thought was to put something like honey on the wound & let the dog lick it![/size]

ex[lol27]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum