Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Back in the Saddle

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back in the Saddle Empty Back in the Saddle Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:46 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

My rental mobile will be filled December 3rd. A man named Jack Daniels (no kidding) is a Viet Nam vet from Nevada. He was an army sniper and lost the use of his legs over there. He has been stuck in a wheel chair since Nam....think about that for just a moment. 30 some odd years. We were talking and I said, "Jack, I can rig a sling and a hoist, I can put you in the saddle if you want to ride that horse."

He almost began to cry he was so happy. He has been stuck in a chair for over 30 years and now he is going to ride a horse. I'll bet every morning one of the first thoughts that crosses his mind is, "17 more days and I'm going to ride a horse!"

Can you imagine the quantum leap in the quality of life he just experienced? The hope, the anticipation. Can you imagine the smile that is going to cross his face? Then it occurred to me, why not take this nationwide? You don't even need to own a horse, just have good organizational skills. Call your local media, tv and radio and do an interview. Put up fliers at the feed stores and organize it . All it takes is one small spark to start this fire in your community. I spent over an hour speed dialing the Sean Hannity show and didn't get through, but I will. He is the biggest champion of the American soldier that there is.

People who own horses are the red blooded patriots of this country, they have sons and daughters fighting over there. They would jump at the chance to donate some time and their horses to this cause. Riding a horse is very relaxing and therapeutic. I'm filing a 501 to become a tax exempt organization. If you are interested in forming a "Back in the Saddle" chapter in your area, PM me. Hey Andi, do you know how to get in touch with Sue?

Back in the Saddle Backinthesaddlesmalllogo

2Back in the Saddle Empty Re: Back in the Saddle Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:13 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

Looking forward to seeing Jack sitting on a horse. Will you eventually have to design design something to sort of strap them in since the stirrups would be of no aid in keeping them from sliding off?

You're a good man Bullflog.

3Back in the Saddle Empty Re: Back in the Saddle Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:06 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Bullfrog, check your messages. I sent you Sue's e-mail address.

4Back in the Saddle Empty Re: Back in the Saddle Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:22 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I went to the feed store yesterday with some fliers. It turns out I know the owner from our old hippy days. He donated a rescue colt, a stallion and a SADDLE. Rescue horses can be picked up easily and when worked with and shown some love and feed turn into great horses. You can't even look at a good saddle for less than $850.00, the tack is going to be the challenge. I'm going to ask the pastor of our local Baptist church if I can address the congregation this Sunday. The people out here are all land owners and big on horses and supporting our troops. I have to become a legal tax exempt organization, but will appear on a popular talk radio station later this month, I'll find a lawyer who is a vet or someone who will pay for the paperwork.

The local animal control agent alwys has rescues. The colt I got yesterday was seized from a local ranc. They were burying the mother and it was starving, every bone in it's body was visible. It's really sad how cruel people can be. When they can no longer feed a horse, they will take it out in the woods, tie it to a tree, then leave it to starve to death. I can get horses, I need tack and pasture land. The man at the feed store is going to donate feed and hay. I think I'll get pasture land this Sunday. They can write off $200.00 per month per horse and more than that, God's blessings. A lot of these people have kids or relatives fighting over there.

5Back in the Saddle Empty Re: Back in the Saddle Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:22 am

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

BF, are you gonna be on KSET or KJAS?? Both of them have live streams.

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

6Back in the Saddle Empty Re: Back in the Saddle Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:42 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

560 AM or KLVI, I really don't know if they have a podcast but they do Rush Limbaugh, Geln Beck and Sean Hannity.

7Back in the Saddle Empty Re: Back in the Saddle Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:56 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

That's the one, you'll be able to hear my redneck voice.

8Back in the Saddle Empty Re: Back in the Saddle Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:26 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I will JW, I emailed Jim Love and got a reply back about next week, will let you know. I was going to speak at our local Baptist church today, but Bill is coming with the backhoe to complete the septic field, dig up and plant the power pole and the water line (burying it, I have it ran). I'm up against a hard deadline, Jack, my renter will be here the third. I still have to finish the front porch/ramp which I will do today, the back ramp, wire the trailer and glue all of the sewer line. I'll sure be glad when it's all done. I have done a lot in the past two months, went right from mine to his but there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

9Back in the Saddle Empty Re: Back in the Saddle Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:18 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

Just a reminder Bullfrog....... YOU'RE 55 YEARS OLD!

10Back in the Saddle Empty Re: Back in the Saddle Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:41 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I got the porch and ramps done yesterday and now I'm working on the guard rails. I made them low, 2 feet so he can see over them from his wheel chair. I'm having to rip all of the verticals to stretch the money and the wood, it's looking good and I'll post a picture when I'm done which should be today. The back is easier, it will just be a ramp, no porch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum