Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Back from camping.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back from camping. Empty Back from camping. Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:03 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Well we got back yesterday and like all camping trips, there was the good, the bad and the ugly. This small trailer has all the makings of a good time, the beer and rum are in the bed of the truck..

Back from camping. 001-11

We started at Walnut Ridge up in the pine woods of Dam B. There is a lot of wildlife in this park but the campsite was surrounded by trees and it was hot until the sun finally went down. As soon as we got there, a group of four baby armadillos cruised through the camp. They were about the size of a softball if you rolled them up. Blind as a bat, they would literally bump onto your foot...

Back from camping. 008-7

Back from camping. 003-8

I don't know what he's eating, but it must be good. He's clean up to the eyebrows digging it...

Back from camping. 010-5

There were four of them. They stick together while they are babies..

Back from camping. 011-4

So my wife starts cooking...

Back from camping. 012-5

"Hey, why so much? There are only two of us here you know."

Back from camping. 013-8

"No, we have friends coming for dinner."

Back from camping. 021-4

"Damn these hot dogs are good! You bought the good stuff I see, Ball Park Franks not the cheapies."

Back from camping. 023-3

Back from camping. 029-5

So we packed it up and moved to the sea shore at Fort Travis Seaside Park, coons were in big supply there too...

Back from camping. 031-2

Back from camping. 032-1

We spent the next day at Crystal Beach kayaking the waves...

Back from camping. 039-2

I went fishing in the morning and saved the rest of my bait shrimp. The gulls hung around in case we had more...

Back from camping. 040-1

Two Long legged Herons..

Back from camping. 041-1

The sea was angry that day my friend. Here is Vicki trying to reenter, the waves will slam your kayak into you, she has a few bruises...

Back from camping. 043-3

But she was soon under way again...

Back from camping. 045-1

I finished my beer and joined her, we had a blast at the beach. The only real bad was the mosquitoes at Fort Travis, the bathrooms were full of them. Other than that, we had a great time.

2Back from camping. Empty Re: Back from camping. Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:59 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Wow, that looked like fun. It's been awfully hot here too so it follows that mosquitos are in good supply. But in the bathrooms?? Maybe because there's more skin to access there.

Are baby armodillos blind for a while after birth? I'm surprised the mother lets them out to wander around when they can't see.

Smart coons. They know where their bread if buttered. Or I mean hotdogs are cooked.

3Back from camping. Empty Re: Back from camping. Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:34 am

bubbles again

bubbles again

Great pics Bullfrog. Glad you'll had a good time. You'll started out in our neck of the woods and yes, it has been hot as hell here. Temp yesterday was 102 here with a heat index of 107. I'd rather go feed my girls in 32 degree weather than the weather we are having now.

4Back from camping. Empty Re: Back from camping. Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:15 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

So glad y'all had a good time. LOL Vicki seems to draw animals like a magnet wherever she goes! Almost like they know her. You take some pretty good pictures!

5Back from camping. Empty Re: Back from camping. Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:20 am

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

Enjoyed the photos. Enjoyed the narrative. Does anyone eat armadillo?

6Back from camping. Empty Re: Back from camping. Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:53 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Not that I know of Mikey, not even Cajuns and they eat everything.

7Back from camping. Empty Re: Back from camping. Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:41 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Hmmm, comment about Vickie attracting animals-----anybody wanna run with that one??? LOL.

8Back from camping. Empty Re: Back from camping. Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:14 am

bubbles again

bubbles again

I wouldn't touch that one with a ten foot pole. Oh but some of the tales I could tell from former forums. lol ex[giggle] ex[surprise] ex[scared]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum