Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Going one last time

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Going one last time Empty Going one last time Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:58 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I'm going fishing today one last time before I report to work. I go through medical Monday and they will clear me to return to work Tuesday. It will be non stop overtime after that as they are short handed due to eliminating and combining jobs.

Vicki had a great time fishing Wednesday but her sinus problems really act up when she spends a lot of time outdoors. She was all stopped up the next day so she is passing on today. So, here I go again, one last time.

2Going one last time Empty Re: Going one last time Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:09 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I always wear my PFD (personal flotation device or life jacket) because a dumbass in a powerboat could go by fast enough to turn you over and with fishing lines out, you could get tangled. The tide was ripping out and the wind was gusting to 9 mph. This doesn't sound like much but in a plastic boat the combination of the two moves you around a lot, often in a direction that you don't want to go.

I didn't catch anything worth bringing home. I caught a big Sheep Head and people do eat them but I don't because of all of the bones. They have little, flat white teeth just like people because they eat barnacles off of the rocks and pilings. Everything out there has teeth so you don't put your fingers in their mouth ever.

It was good to get out anyway and yes, I do finally have to go back to work Tuesday but I'll be 55 in August and I have 4 weeks of vacation due next year so they only have a little over 8 months to push me around. I'm already hired as an instructor part time at Texas A&M University teaching firefighting so that will be fun and pull in some extra money. There will be plenty of time to fish then. ex[fishing]

3Going one last time Empty Re: Going one last time Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:37 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Happy to hear you had a nice day and didn't run into any gators

Going one last time Crocodile_eat_frogs

4Going one last time Empty Re: Going one last time Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:58 pm

You're gonna love retirement Bullfrog!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum