Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time to cook the dog?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Time to cook the dog? Empty Time to cook the dog? Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:02 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Well the save the planet folks now have a book out that says feeding and maintaining a pet leaves a big carbon footprint so we should switch to edible pets. The book says that having a medium sized dog is the equivalent to driving a full size SUV for 6,000 miles in one year. A cat with the kitty litter is like driving a VW for 6,000 miles in one year.

In order to avoid these carbon footprints they say that we should switch to rabbits or chickens and then eat them. Can't you just imagine that? Your kid gets attached to the bunny and out comes the meat cleaver to turn it into stew.affraid

Where do these people come from?

2Time to cook the dog? Empty Re: Time to cook the dog? Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:05 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

I can see their point though kinda but don't agree with it. It does take stuff of this earth to keep these pets going. But as far as I can see, kitty litter is a type of clay that just goes back to earth. Same with their consumed food. I am giving jobs to somebody to manufacture this stuff. That keeps them from starving. I don't quite get it all.

LOL been there done that. Raised chickens, pigs, cows, on the farm growing up but never slaughtered the dog. Did raise two litters of bunnies for the freezer and you are right. Kids got too attached and so served the bunnies in stew and casseroles to disguise the meat.
Gave the parent buns away shortly after that.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum