Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm going fishing finally.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I'm going fishing finally. Empty I'm going fishing finally. Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:04 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Work told me to "resume my normal activities so I'm headed for Texas Bayou and the salt marshes to see if the flounder are home. See you folks later.

2I'm going fishing finally. Empty Re: I'm going fishing finally. Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:03 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Well good. I hope you get some fish and are able to relax. I guess fishing is relaxing. I never thought so. LOL. Thought it was boring sitting there, trapped in the middle of the lake. Does ---phooey, I can't think of your wife's name. Does she fish too?

3I'm going fishing finally. Empty Re: I'm going fishing finally. Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:04 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Launched into the ditch and immediately saw Egrets standing in groups on the edge. Bait was being chased to them and I hooked an 18" Red within ten minutes of launching, realized I left my net and lipped him. Went back and got my net and the same thing happened, another red just under the slot. I thought it was gonna be a great day, paddled out into Mud Lake and followed the shoreline and saw two big otters, never seen otters before. Worked the shore and snagged one more rat red and then went to the Bayou.

Got out to stretch my legs and Scottyboy paddled up. Scottyboy had a nice flatty about 22" if I recall. Piscator was working the shoreline and two more guys paddled up. I'm sorry but can't remember the names. We shot the breeze and nothing was biting except some small black drum. The tide started really ripping out. I worked the shoreline and then finally said screw it and went back to Mud Lake. Lots of movement in the wter but no takers, must have been mullet.

I was headed back to the truck and saw Egrets again and a very small hit on the surface. My first cast went wide but the second on put the Gulp grub right where it needed to be. I took up the slack and I thought "another oyster reef." It was solidly snagged as I had been doing, rod bent and not moving. Suddenly it swam off and I went for a serious ride. The tide was ripping out and this fish took me that way and then this way, went under the yak, swirled and then I saw the tail. I knew it was a keeper when it took drag out.

There is no feeling like a strong red bending your rod and making big wakes next to your kayak, I've had a few tug me before but this one took me for a short ride.

I'm going fishing finally. 002-7-1

I'm going fishing finally. 005-6-2

4I'm going fishing finally. Empty Re: I'm going fishing finally. Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:53 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Sounds like a fun day. That fish is huge. Are they good eating. I eat fish but just from the store.

We have been buying Tilapia lately. It is a bland fish, not fishy flavored and no bones in the filleted that I buy. Just a little expensive so I wait until it is on sale and get a couple packages. Not near so much fun though as you have getting your fish.

5I'm going fishing finally. Empty Re: I'm going fishing finally. Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:17 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Here's the after picture, the next day. Grilled on the half shell.

I'm going fishing finally. 007-5-1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum