Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fishing yesterday

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fishing yesterday Empty Fishing yesterday Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:51 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

This is not what you want to see when you are going kayak fishing, frost on your seat. It was 35 degrees when I left.

Fishing yesterday Fishing001

I did catch a lot of fish, a really big Sheeps Head and a big Black Drum but I don't keep either because of the bones, I did catch one keeper Red Drum.

Fishing yesterday Fishing003

I had fun, once it warmed up.

2Fishing yesterday Empty Re: Fishing yesterday Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:40 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

Did you catch those in salt or brackish waters?

We have a sheepshead out here but it must be different than what you have in the gulf. I have never caught or eaten one but I know that guys are thrilled when they catch one because they say they are great eating. Here's a web photo of what the California Sheepshead looks like.

Fishing yesterday Californiasheepshead

3Fishing yesterday Empty Re: Fishing yesterday Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:07 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

In Ohio Sheephead are Kinda Grey/White sort of carp shaped fish and they can get quite large. If you do a web search on sheephead fish they have some images that look like the one I caught when I was about 11 or 12 years old.

I was so proud of the fact that I'd caught the biggest fish of the day. Until my big brother burst my bubble big time when he was cleaning the catch of the day for dinner and "my fish" was in the throw away pile and not being cleaned at all. I asked him why he wasn't cleaning my fish and he said
" Oh that's just an ole sheephead, ya can't eat those". I was simply crushed. Didn't want to go fishing anymore after that either. ex[cry]

4Fishing yesterday Empty Re: Fishing yesterday Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:36 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I was fishing brackish waters, a salt marsh that leads to a bayou connected to the Gulf of Mexico. The Sheep's Head here are black and white striped, they get big and have teeth just like a human's because they eat barnacles among other things. People do eat them and the meat is good but there are just too many bones for me to deal with. Four more day shifts and I go back on nights. uhhggg.

5Fishing yesterday Empty Re: Fishing yesterday Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:32 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I got an offer and I'm going to go check it out Tuesday. I called a local college to inquire about instructing there. The woman asked about my experience and she said "I have the perfect position for you, we need a director for our new Patient Care Technology class."

I explained that I still have 5 months before I retire but she said they aren't going to be ready to kick this off this month or even next month, that I could be structuring the class, hiring instructors and laying the groundwork until then. I have an interview Tuesday with her but she does sound eager to hire me. I have learned not to get too enthused about anything until I know all of the details and Vicki doesn't want me working full time after I retire, but I'm sure not going to close this door until I check it out. It actually sounds like fun and I do enjoy teaching.

6Fishing yesterday Empty Re: Fishing yesterday Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:58 am

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Gee, Bullfrog... with all that work to do, you will probably need an assistant director or something. *cough*cough*cough* ex[wink1]

I may just know of someone with great organizational skills, who may be interested. ex[smile2]

Keep us posted. ex[nod]

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

7Fishing yesterday Empty Re: Fishing yesterday Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:25 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Bartender wrote:Gee, Bullfrog... with all that work to do, you will probably need an assistant director or something. *cough*cough*cough* ex[wink1]

I may just know of someone with great organizational skills, who may be interested. ex[smile2]

Keep us posted. ex[nod]

I'll sure need some good instructors. I don't know the details about the class yet but will find out tomorrow. I've learned not to get too excited about things like this because I don't have the job yet and may not want it once I learn the details and pay. She sounded like there was no problem with me not retiring until August but wanted to know if I had some good instructors who could kick the class off. I could be working on it on my off days and I do have a lot of down time at work.

I'll find out the details tomorrow, I haven't worn a suit in years, this is gonna be a trip.

8Fishing yesterday Empty Re: Fishing yesterday Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:04 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Good luck to you, Bullfrog.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum