Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another Grinch Who Stole Christmas...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Another Grinch Who Stole Christmas... Empty Another Grinch Who Stole Christmas... Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:54 am

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

From my local newspaper:

November 24, 2009 4:06 PM
Christmas tree removed from courthouse
By RACHANEE SRISAVASDI
THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

SANTA ANA – The removal of a Christmas tree from the Orange County Superior courthouse Monday has prompted a petition among court employees to have the tree – connected to a gift drive for poor children – put back.

The six-foot artificial tree, which was adorned with tags seeking toy donations to 'Operation Santa Claus,' was removed Monday after a member of the public complained about the tree being in the courthouse, court spokeswoman Gwen Vieau said.

"It's a public building and we have to serve the diversity of our community,'' she said.

The tree had been put up in the courthouse every holiday season for about 20 years, said Orange County Sheriff's Special Officer Cynthia Guerrero, who runs the courthouse's 'Operation Santa Claus' effort. She was ordered to take down the tree.

Members of the public would come and grab tags – which sought donations for specific children. Last year, the courthouse got 374 presents for the toy drive.

But courthouse employees want the tree back up, and are circulating a petition among courtrooms. As of this afternoon, about 30 people had signed the petition.

"That tree holds the cards that contain the wishes and needs of those less fortunate than we are and shame on those who want to take that away from those of us who wish to give ..." the petition says. "Now at the court's darkest hour, our symbol of hope has been taken away from us."

Though the tree is gone, the donation opportunity is still available. The courthouse has set up a table in the lobby for individuals who want to sponsor a needy child and provide him/her with a gift for the holidays.

Christmas Tree Removed from Courthouse

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

"It's a public building and we have to serve the diversity of our community,'' she said.

What a load of crap!!Another Grinch Who Stole Christmas... Shit-1 They received ONE complaint??? ONE?? What about the REST of the community??

ON: Another Grinch Who Stole Christmas... Soapbox

They tried that BS here once, in Beaumont. "Someone" called and complained about the scrolling "Merry Christmas" message signs on the city's busses. What an ordeal that was!! The person who works in the office at Bmt Municipal Transit (BMT) is a friend, and said it was one of the more well-known shit-stirrers in the area.

After a day and a half of uproar from people from all over the area, they finally put the messages back up. See?? All it takes is for people to stand up to all this PC bullying crap, and eventually the morons will shut up and go away.

OFF: Another Grinch Who Stole Christmas... Soapbox

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I agree, if it offends that one person they should stay out of the courthouse during Christmas.

4Another Grinch Who Stole Christmas... Empty Re: Another Grinch Who Stole Christmas... Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:32 pm

I have one bitch here about the Christmas season. We have gotten so commercialized that we have forgotten the true and only meaning of Christmas. I know there are people who don't believe as I do and that is their right. But I do believe in God and Jesus. If the non-believers don't want to celebrate the true meaning that is fine. But dont try to rub my nose in their beliefs. I will continue to celebrate the birth of Christ and I will continue to tell everyone Merry Christmas. And anyone offended can kiss my royal arse!

And may the one who complained about a community affair to help the less fortunate I hope they have a miserable Holiday season.

OK I will get off my soapbox for awhile.

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

I understand your intention but I am more concerned about "majority rule". What happens when one is no longer the majority? I want freedom. Freedom for all. Freedom to be able to express my Christian heritage or the freedom to ignore it... How does a Christmas tree offend?

I'm not offended when I see a menorah. And in this case it wasn't even a Christian symbol such as a cross.... People need to chill out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum