Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stole some flowers

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stole some flowers Empty Stole some flowers Mon May 31, 2010 3:58 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Stole pink peonies from the neighbor who doesn't take care of them, besides they were gone. I stuck them in with my white peonies and blue irises. Stole some flowers Pink_w10

2Stole some flowers Empty Re: Stole some flowers Mon May 31, 2010 8:17 pm

Surveyor

As you go through life, the fingerprints you leave on people's peonies will never fade. Be careful what memories your fingerprints leave on their gate while breaking in to steal said peonies.<><
Esther, Mom, Grandma, Friend, Landlord, or Sister in Christ-Peonie thief-you pick.

3Stole some flowers Empty Re: Stole some flowers Mon May 31, 2010 9:35 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

OH NO Surveyer, You're so right. LOL. Sherrie and I have been neighbors for about 35 years. She's helped me through a divorce, losing a baby, and lots of life. And I have helped her through the death of a 16 year old son and in that same accident her 15 year old son was hurt badly and somewhat brain damaged. I have her house key in my jewelery box so when she locks herself out, I have the key. I have borrowed milk when they weren't home and one time we came home on a hot summer night and heard voices coming from the back yard. Turned out their company from Detroit were terribly warm from their trip and they were all swimming in our pool. It was fine with me. We raised our boys together.

When I put the picture on Facebook, I tagged Sherrie so it went to her page. She then commented, "What are neighbors for?"

4Stole some flowers Empty Re: Stole some flowers Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:44 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

They made a beautiful arrangement!

5Stole some flowers Empty Re: Stole some flowers Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:20 am

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

Beautiful arrangement~ I can almost smell it.
I don't often have cut flowers in the house. Mostly because growing up with severe allergies (that I now appear to have outgrown Stole some flowers 618624 ) we never had cut flowers in the house. Yesterday though I actually put some of my peonies in a vase in my kitchen. They've been odd this year. Some of the blooms on the bushes are completely spent and other's haven't even opened yet. so when I went to cut off the spent ones yesterday I had to bring some of the buds and partially opened ones inside to "save" them.
Weather has been back and forth hot to cold, wet to dry back to wet a lot too though, so perhaps that's why they're blooming so odd.

6Stole some flowers Empty Re: Stole some flowers Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:37 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

My peonies are still sitting on the kitchen table smelling gorgeous, but dropping petals all over. The irises didn't last as long. There's nothing like rain to ruin the outside blossoms. My mom always brought in flowers and so did Grandma who lived across the street. Grandma would cut huge bouquets to take to church in the summer. Funny, she wasn't a gardner at all but sure loved her "pineys" as she called 'em. There was a long driveway with a white fence bordering a strip of grass and there were peony plants all along that fence.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum