Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm irritated with Amazon....

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I'm irritated with Amazon.... Empty I'm irritated with Amazon.... Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:22 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

I ordered a Kindle as a Christmas gift for the fetching Mrs. Mikey. UPS delivered it a few minutes ago and because my wife heard the truck pull up she went and retrieved the package. It was marked "Amazon.com.........KINDLE". So much for a surprise on Christmas morning.....

2I'm irritated with Amazon.... Empty Re: I'm irritated with Amazon.... Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:15 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I warn the missus not to open any mail order packages that might be a surprise for her. We get magazines that sell sexy negligees (I can't imagine why, how do I get this smut?) and I like to surprise her. It is a gift that just keeps on giving.

3I'm irritated with Amazon.... Empty Re: I'm irritated with Amazon.... Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:32 pm

I don't have a Kindle. I have a Sony Ereader. Had to send it back to Sony for an upgrade in the software since it was the first one out. I sent it to Laredo of all places. I got an email from UPS saying that it is on it's way home and will be delivered back today. I guess they sent it to Mexico because I got one email from UPS on Friday saying it was back in the country and being delivered by next day air. Checked again this morning and it left Laredo, went to San Antonio, then to LOUISVILLE KY and back to Houston LOL My Ereader is well traveled! Hope it works right when I get it back.

Mikey, did you tell Amazon to gift wrap it? Seems they would have not written on the outside that it was a Kindle if it was gift wrapped.

4I'm irritated with Amazon.... Empty Re: I'm irritated with Amazon.... Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:47 am

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

I didn't ask for it to be gift wrapped. I've ordered many things from Amazon before and never have they had anything but their name "Amazon.com" printed on their boxes. I did call them and complain.

Not only does it ruin any intended surprise but it also makes it nice for a thief who comes up to your door and sees the package stating its contents.....

5I'm irritated with Amazon.... Empty Re: I'm irritated with Amazon.... Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:38 am

Mikey wrote:I didn't ask for it to be gift wrapped. I've ordered many things from Amazon before and never have they had anything but their name "Amazon.com" printed on their boxes. I did call them and complain.

Not only does it ruin any intended surprise but it also makes it nice for a thief who comes up to your door and sees the package stating its contents.....
That's my thinking too.
I got my Sony Reader back yesterday morning. I turned it on and it looks ok. I'll know today if it really works right or not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum