Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HAPPY HALLOWEEN Empty Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:28 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Cool. I used to have a membership there.

I'm working on my costume. LOL. I need an eye patch now. I already am missing a front tooth.

2HAPPY HALLOWEEN Empty Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:55 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

No never. Sometimes Kevin brings the kids here to trick or treat because he lives way out in the country. Last year Braeden was a cop and Ian, 14, was his criminal. Eliana was their guardian angel. We always sit in the den at the back of the house and leave the porch light off and pretend we aren't here.

3HAPPY HALLOWEEN Empty Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:55 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Cool card JW.

4HAPPY HALLOWEEN Empty Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:00 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Nope I don't buy any candy but I usually do make some chocolate covered pretzel rods for the grandkids and a few kids who are special to us. I would love to do something chocolate for all the kids but know the parents would be suspicious of it. Wonder if I were to put a sticker on the package with my name and address if they would feel better about it.

5HAPPY HALLOWEEN Empty Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:17 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

LOL, you ain't funny Magee. Do you remember that? There used to be a radio program when I was a little kid called Fibber Magee and Molly. I just remember her saying, "You ain't funny Magee." Or maybe I remember my folks saying that.

I did go to the dentist today and she is not going to pull the root out. She put a little amalgum on the surface and they did impressions and are going to add the tooth to the partial plate I have. So that saved about $140. As it was it was $355. The insurance was used up from my partial plate a month ago. GRRR. My mouth is our savings account. I get the plate back Thursday.

6HAPPY HALLOWEEN Empty Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:41 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I found this one just for you Esther :[IMG]tooth0069[/quote]

That was mean .  lol!

7HAPPY HALLOWEEN Empty Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:25 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

No this was a program on the radio back before TVs. We didn't get our first TV until I bought one at 21---1963 I guess. This radio show might have been on in the late '40s.

[i]          FIBBER McGEE & MOLLY
Fibber McGee and Molly premiered in 1935. The program struggled in the ratings until 1940, when it became a national sensation. Within three years, it was the top-rated program in America.

Few radio shows were more beloved than Fibber McGee and Molly, and few play as well a half century later. The program’s lovable characters included Mayor LaTrivia, Doc Gamble, Mrs. Uppington, Wallace Wimple, Alice Darling, Gildersleeve, Beulah, Myrt, and the Old Timer.

79 Wistful Vista was one of America’s most famous addresses and Molly’s warning to Fibber not to open the hall closet door (and his subsequent decision to do it) created one of radio’s best remembered running gags that audiences expected each week.

Jim Jordan (Fibber) was born on a farm on November 16, 1896, near Peoria, Illinois. Marian Driscoll (Molly), a coal miner’s daughter, was born in Peoria on November 15, 1898.

After years of hardship and touring in obscurity on the small-time show biz circuit, they arrived in Chicago in 1924, where they eventually performed on thousands of shows and developed 145 different voices and characters.

Broadcast to the nation from WMAQ/Chicago, the show entertained America until March 1956, and continued on NBC’s Monitor until 1959.

Jim Jordan died on April 1, 1988. Marian Jordan died on April 7, 1961.

Fibber McGee and Molly was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in 1989. [i]

8HAPPY HALLOWEEN Empty Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:18 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

[img]HAPPY HALLOWEEN KidsatHalloween08[/img]

Here's Braeden, his crook Ian, and their guardian angel last Halloween.

9HAPPY HALLOWEEN Empty Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:40 pm

As we live in the country we don't have a lot of kiddos showing up. Just our friends that bring their kids or grandkids by. So we build a fire and sit around visiting, playing with the kids and just having a good time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum