Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tiger woods

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tiger woods Empty Tiger woods Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:17 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

There is an active discussion about Tiger Woods wife filing for a divorce on another forum that I visit and this is what I just put there. Any comments?

With a wife who looks like that what is his excuse? My wife and I discussed this last night and I tried to explain what it was like growing up dark skinned in a white bread world. I had three older sisters and my dad was 63 when I was born, finally a son to carry on the family name. I was his last shot, literally.

I was doted on and treated like the Golden Child at home until I enrolled in school and found out that mine, as a Spaniard, was the darkest face in the class. A kid held his arm against mine and said "You look just like a (insert the N word here.) I was the subject of ridicule just because of the skin that I lived in. I started noticing things, when we went to another kids house to play and another kid wanted a drink of water it was cool. But when I went to the kitchen their parents would get up, follow and watch me like I was going to steal their forks or something. As long as I showed up in a group, everything was cool. But the first time I knocked on a white girls door alone just to play at the age of 9 I got the door shut in my face.

It didn't take long for an inferiority complex to creep in at that age. So, maybe dating a "white girl" made me, and him feel equal in some way. He, obviously had more to prove to himself in some demented way and racking up trophys maybe gave him a sense of self worth. Even being the greatest golfer in the word wasn't enough obviously. The shuns that he got as a child left scars and maybe this habit fed his need to be equal to whites in his mind. Just my opinion, of course.

2Tiger woods Empty Re: Tiger woods Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:33 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

With a wife who looks like that what is his excuse?
Her attractiveness is irrelevant. It's almost like saying if she was butt ugly or if she had a disfiguring automobile accident it would be okay. He made a commitment. Tiger did what millions of men and women do, however, he had the means to do it more.

With respect to race being an issue. I have not walked a mile in a person of color's shoes, nor have they walked a mile in mine. I live here in Cypress, where Tiger was raised as a child. Cypress is predominantly white middle-class neighborhood in Orange County. Other than what I have written I don't know anything more about his upbringing. However, it is likely that most of his social acquaintances were white. His passion was golf and how many blacks do you see out on the golf course or out in the crowd? Thus it would seem to be natural that not only would he marry someone from the environment he associates with but he would carry on with women from that same environment.

3Tiger woods Empty Re: Tiger woods Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:16 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Carry on he did.

4Tiger woods Empty Re: Tiger woods Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:46 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

I tend to separate his personal life from his professional life. I'm not into golf but I recognize his golf skill to be second to none. I believe him to be the best golfer ever and I don't see that changing in the near future.

His personal life is a whole different matter and that is between him and his wife.

Now if he were a politician or a pastor it would be a different story as I believe their personal lives reflect on their professional life.

As far as his losing some advertising endorsements that's another issue depending on whether or not he has a moral clause in his contracts. If he was endorsing a brand of golf clubs I would think his morals would be a non issue to golfers as it relates to their decision as to what golf clubs to purchase.

He says he's taking a sabbatical from golf to work on his marriage. I wish him luck with that choice but because of all the recent revelations about his infidelity I tend to be very suspicious.

Who was the Southern Baptist preacher who got caught with a whore and then made that tearful plea to his congregation? Didn't he trip up a 2nd time after that incident?

5Tiger woods Empty Re: Tiger woods Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:51 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Jimmy Swaggert, they say if Baker had cried as well as he did he may have gotten off too.

6Tiger woods Empty Re: Tiger woods Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:54 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Sad that I just laughed. The whole thing is sad. According to the special I watched about him a bit ago, it's very common for moneyed people who frequent places like Las Vegas to be encouraged to "entertain" people of the opposite sex in their rooms etc, and there is every effort to keep it quiet.

From what I understand, the gal named Rachel had been "telling stories" about her escapades with Tiger to her girlfriend. But when Rachel decided to not pal around with this other girl any more, it made her mad. So she spilled the story to get even with Rachel. Then one by one, the other women he had used, didn't want to miss out of their 5 minutes of fame and started talking too.

Again I don't understand how he thought that his behavior wouldn't ever get back to his wife and he'd get away with it all. Also did he think she wouldn't be hurt and MAD whe she did find out?

People sometimes poke fun at us Christians for being so straight laced but my mom (Pete's too) always drummed into our heads that "our sins would always find us out". I know it's a wierd phrase but they were trying to let us know that when we did something wrong, for us not to think we'd get away with it. At my folk's 50th anniversary party, I had been asked to make a speech. One of the things I said was that I was brought up to think that when I did something wrong, "If my dad didn't get me, God would." As nasty as that sounds, it did the trick and at age 67, I have been protected from ever "having to say no" and kept out of jail or most hurtful things in life.

7Tiger woods Empty Re: Tiger woods Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:31 pm

jaytee

jaytee

I bet the rest of the guys on the tour are holding their breath hoping the finger doesn't point to them next.

8Tiger woods Empty Re: Tiger woods Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:41 am

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

I think Tiger is somewhat relieved that the media is focusing on the womanizing and no one is talking about the doctor he has been associated with who has strong links to human growth hormones. This will be the next bomb to drop on him I bet ex[dig]
http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/story.html?id=2349226

9Tiger woods Empty Re: Tiger woods Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:11 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

There is absolutely no excuse for cheating on your spouse. I can't imagine looking that person in the eye every day knowing what you did and living a lie. We go to fire school once a year and one of our supervisors is a female. One of the guys on my fire team spent the night in her room. Her husband also works in the same refinery and I see them all three in the same control room with me and think "how can they do this?" These two men work together and his wife comes in and nothing is said.

10Tiger woods Empty Re: Tiger woods Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:57 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

11Tiger woods Empty Re: Tiger woods Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:28 am

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

nice one now I can eat off tiger's girls

12Tiger woods Empty Re: Tiger woods Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:43 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

LOL....... Great video spoof

13Tiger woods Empty imo Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:37 pm

The situation is sad for Tiger's children.
It is sad for his wife as well IF she REALLY was in love with him!
Why would he get married if he wanted to continue having
relationships with a multitude of women?!

Could it be he didn't feel 'good enough' for his wife?

Could it be the 'madonna - whore' complex?

Could it be he had never been told 'no' by anyone in his life?

Could it have something to do with the death of his father?

Could it be the role model his father was?

Could it be he had to be constantly told how great he is?

Could it be that women constantly went after him every where he went?

Women WILL go after a man - regardless of his being married - 1) if he has money
2) if he has a good personality
3) if he is good looking
4) if he has a good job
5) if he is successful (in something)
6) if he has stature
and sometimes -
7) just because he is a man and they have none -
They DON'T care about the feelings of the wife nor do they
care what happens to the marriage or the family.

Geez - I don't know what caused his philandering -
I just find the whole situation sad that someone of such
greatness in so many areas sank to such a low in the
marriage area.
As much as I would like to see marriages succeed -
I don't think his wife will ever be able to trust him again.

14Tiger woods Empty then again Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:17 am

Tiger seems to display a streak of selfishness and self-centeredness because he seemed to be thinking only of himself and not at all for his children or his wife!

Possibly his entire life he was raised to be self-centered.

15Tiger woods Empty Re: Tiger woods Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:23 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Texan, the same can be said of men chasing women.

But I agree that you may have hit on his motivation, especially the last one. Did he have any siblings? I don't remember hearing of any. So if the father focused on making him a good golfer all his life and the mom on her only child, coupled with his celebrity position, there is a good chance he is used to having the attention on him, his wants and needs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum