Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

I have a question

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I have a question Empty I have a question Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:56 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

First, I'm not criticizing so if you do this don't be mad. I just wonder why some people always have a quote of the previous post and some people don't. Is it automatic maybe and I don't have the right button pushed or do you physically copy in quotes?

Last edited by Esther on Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

2I have a question Empty Re: I have a question Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:40 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

If you press the button at the bottom right of the post that says Quote it will automatically put it in the top of your reply.

I use it when I'm replying to a post that may be one or two above another. But usually don't use it if I'm replying directly under a post.

Different people do it differently on all of the boards I post on though. I don't know that there's any set "rule" for when one uses it or when not.

3I have a question Empty Re: I have a question Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:58 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Oh DUH!!! I had seen that but didn't ever try it or know what it was for. LOL. I usually use the Italics button or the Quote button above when I do that.

4I have a question Empty Re: I have a question Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:47 am

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Esther wrote:Oh DUH!!! I had seen that but didn't ever try it or know what it was for. LOL. I usually use the Italics button or the Quote button above when I do that.

Oh DUH!!! I had seen that but didn't ever try it or know what it was for. LOL. I usually use the Italics button or the Quote button above when I do that.

Esther, if you'll notice, there isn't any difference, except that when you "quote" an entire post, it lists WHO you are qouting. I bellieve that's the only difference. And yes, ditto what Lari said.

I don't think we have any Quote Police on here, so we're all safe!! LOL ex[maul] ex[mod]

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

5I have a question Empty Re: I have a question Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:52 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

To me, when a thread goes on for several posts but one person says something that I want to respond to, I use the quote button to respond to that particular post. You can also backspace their quote to respond to the one statement that you want to respond to.

6I have a question Empty Re: I have a question Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:15 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

bullfrog wrote:To me, when a thread goes on for several posts but one person says something that I want to respond to, I use the quote button to respond to that particular post. You can also backspace their quote to respond to the one statement that you want to respond to.

OK Guess I'll try it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum