Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Got a new book going.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Got a new book going. Empty Got a new book going. Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:46 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I like this one, I'm on chapter 16. I brought the descendants of Felipe Montoya into the present age. I didn't make the final cut of the last three, but I did make the 50 semifinalists out of 2,500 entries. This looks very good to an agent and I'm sending out queries. The advice that I got on the writers forum is that historical fiction is a very hard field to get into in a very hard field period and just keep writing.

Once a book hits, they want the next few and I have two of the Vengeance series and the third is under way. So, this real nice lady named Nancy said to just keep the generations of Felipe's family going forward. Always rebels but follow the time line through the exploration and conquering of the west, the civil war, WWI, WWII, Viet Nam and so on.

So, like Star Wars started in Episode IV, if I can sell a presnt day version with references to the past, then I can go back once I get an agent.

Is anyone bored? Want to read "Permanent Vacation"? In segments?

2Got a new book going. Empty Re: Got a new book going. Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:58 pm

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Is anyone bored? Want to read "Permanent Vacation"? In segments?

BRING IT ON!!!!

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

3Got a new book going. Empty Re: Got a new book going. Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:30 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Are you kidding? Of course we do! Is it up yet?  Got a new book going. 265366[/quote]

Nope, I was waiting for you all to see this post. Also, I wanted to get far enough ahead of you so you didn't have to wait on the story. It is flying out of my head though. I have only been writing this one for a little over a week now and it has over 17,000 words, I'm up to chapter eighteen.

I have friends named John and Debra who live in Paamul Mexico, John owns a dive shop there. Debra is a voracious reader. I asked his permission to use him as a character and now he and she anxiously await each chapter every morning. I find that this motivates me to write. I'll start at the other site tomorrow morning as I'm off today and I'm working on it.

4Got a new book going. Empty Re: Got a new book going. Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:32 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Isn't it odd or unusual that all your life this talent has layed there silent and now it has to get out. It's great to find an interest like you have at this time of your life. I'm glad you are doing well.

5Got a new book going. Empty Re: Got a new book going. Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:33 am

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Are you talking about John Everett?? The old Med-Link dude?? He was before my time, but mannnnn, do I feel like I know him!! I've heard plenty of J.E. stories!! ex[giggle]

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

6Got a new book going. Empty Re: Got a new book going. Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:19 am

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

I'm sorry to learn you didn't win the top prize. Congratulations on being in the top 50. That is quite an achievement. You have a great talent in expressing yourself in writing.

7Got a new book going. Empty Re: Got a new book going. Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:35 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Yes Andi John Everett, he is very happy to be in the book, his wife Debra wakes up every morning looking to see more. Esther, I told my wife that in a way it would really piss me off if I had slaved all of my life only to find out that I could make a living writing stories. She said "You never had the life experience to tell these stories until now."

She is right, there is one part in the first book where they were celebrating around a fire, Andreas looks around and Felipe is gone. He finds him sitting by a small fire at the shore staring out at the large warship they had just stolen. He asks him, "Dreaming of adventure Felipe?"
Felipe does not answer. Andreas is older and wiser and knows Felipe's heart, he knows that he is troubled so he sits quietly beside him. Sparks fly into the night sky and finally Felipe steals a glance at him. His eyes are wet and he says ,"No, I'm dreaming of vengeance." He finally breaks down and cries. They had killed his father.

That pain was my pain that I felt upon losing my father. A lot of my life experiences went into it and she was right, I was never old enough to do this until now.

8Got a new book going. Empty Re: Got a new book going. Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:12 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

OK, it's up and running.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum