Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Never mulch horse shit...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Never mulch horse shit... Empty Never mulch horse shit... Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:32 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

when the wind is blowing hard. I plan on putting in a big garden and the horses are supplying me with a lot of fertilizer. Yesterday, I cut the top off of a plastic drum and drilled a lot of 1/2 inch air holes in it. I put it on the dolly and went from pile to pile shoveling the black gold in it. I soon had about 70 pounds of fine manure mixed with leaves. I'll tie the top back on it, kick it over then kick it over each day to roll it and speed up the composting procedure.

I then got on my riding mower to mulch the rest into the ground, when it rains it will fertilize my lawn as well. All was going good until I got to the end of a run then turned. The wind blew a huge cloud of finely pulverized horse stuff all over me. I was screaming, spitting and dusting myself off. I learned to stay with the wind when mulching the horse stuff.

2Never mulch horse shit... Empty Re: Never mulch horse shit... Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:53 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Yes, it will be months before I'm ready to use it. I looked it up yesterday, horse manure is as good as and a tad better than cow manure in nutrients. It needs a little nitrogen boost which I can get by adding bloodmeal to it.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]