Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Landscaping your pond.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Landscaping your pond. Empty Landscaping your pond. Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:54 pm

Oldmarine

Oldmarine
Minnow
Minnow

In the years past I have seen many pics of man made ponds in a wide variety of settings. The ponds that I like the best are the ones that look like they weren't man made. The ones that look like they were formed by nature. Due to the limited space and money, mine isn't one of them.

That being said, regardless of what someones pond looks like, it's still their own creation. I enjoy the idea of sitting out in the back next to my pond with a cup of coffee in my hand watch my Shubunikn's watch me. They know who I am, and what I do. I am the provider that sustains their little world, and that makes me feel good to know they are well cared for. Day by day, and season by seasonal change, my pond and fish adapt to the changes, and it evovles in appearance according to each season.

Happy new year. Landscaping your pond. 977453

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/oldmarine1969

2Landscaping your pond. Empty Re: Landscaping your pond. Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:15 pm

Oldmarine

Oldmarine
Minnow
Minnow

I woke up to some sun this morning. So I bundled u and went outside and sat next to my pond with a hot cup of coffee and watched my fish pudder around in the pond. The sun is out today here in the northwest and the weather dudette says it should get up into the high 50's F. We'll see. It's only 44 dgrees F right now, but it feels warmer sitting in the sun. Enjoy you fish, and happy ponding.

Landscaping your pond. 977453

3Landscaping your pond. Empty Re: Landscaping your pond. Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:40 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Going to be a beautiful day here today too! I think I'll go for a walk and, later on, work in my rose garden. sunny Why is it the frost kills the plant leaves but the weeds continue to thrive! Landscaping your pond. 139955

4Landscaping your pond. Empty Re: Landscaping your pond. Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:01 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

My roses aren't dead, they just go dormant in the winter. But the weeds are really getting ahead of me in the garden! I worked a little while today, but I hardly made a dent in it! ex[farmer]

5Landscaping your pond. Empty Re: Landscaping your pond. Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:20 am

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

gardening and ponding are about as far away as North Pole from here.
We got hit with 20 inches of snow 2 days ago followed by bitter cold....10 below zero with wind chills in the 35 below zero range.
Our bulldog Chuck went out and tried to walk over the frozen pond but it wasn't quite froze so he broke through and got soaked. By the time we got him back in the house he had turned bright pink Then within 10 minutes he was ready to go back out and play in the snow again
Spring feels a looong way off at this point

6Landscaping your pond. Empty Re: Landscaping your pond. Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Oldmarine

Oldmarine
Minnow
Minnow

I'm JW, I feel bad for all of the east coasters and all that snow.

I dad & mom where born & raised in Aberdeen, SD, and dad used to say, 'you don't hace to shovel rain'. He was glad to settle down out here in the northwest after WWII. ex[flag]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum