Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

What a difference six words can make.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What a difference six words can make. Empty What a difference six words can make. Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:43 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

We had a tenant for the mobile home who didn't want any of the furniture. I wanted it gone quick, so I placed an ad on the local internet ad space, "Free furniture. King size bed with nice metal head and foot board, dresser,night stands, nice brown sofa. you load and haul."

My phone began to ring almost immediately. After 3 or 4 calls I deleted the ad. I told them I wanted to make sure that the tenant was going to pan out, then I would call them and give away the furniture. She didn't work out so I kept it. We now have a great new tenant who actually has the money for the rent, deposit and is able to get the electricity turned on in her name.

So again I placed the ad, but this time added 6 words, "Free furniture, in exchange for a little work."

There was dead silence and still is on my phone. I have a small trailer, I was going to pull it right next to a stack of cinder blocks, have them put the blocks on the trailer, then pull it next to the mobile and have them stack them where they need to go so I can level it.

But it's like, "What? Work for something? Me?"

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Actually it read, "For a few hours of work." One person had the gall to email me and ask for pictures. Yeah, like "I'm giving this furniture away but let me run out there, take pictures, upload them to photobucket and then send them to you so you can see if this free furniture is up to your standards."

A married couple showed up and took it all but couldn't fit the sofa on the trailer, they said if it's still here Tuesday they will come back for it.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum