Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

DIY skimmer and mechanical filter

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DIY skimmer and mechanical filter Empty DIY skimmer and mechanical filter Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:26 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

This is made from a 32 gallon Rubbermaid tub. DIY skimmer and mechanical filter Skimmernsidewithlabels

This one is made from a laundry tub. DIY skimmer and mechanical filter Skimmerfilterwithbrushes

DIY skimmer and mechanical filter Skimmerfilter

Last edited by Esther on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:59 pm; edited 6 times in total

2DIY skimmer and mechanical filter Empty Re: DIY skimmer and mechanical filter Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:48 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Bring it Esther, i'm inviting two or three friends who have never seen your things.

3DIY skimmer and mechanical filter Empty Make skimmer net hold more fines Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:45 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Tired of scooping the bottom of your pond and watching all kinds of sludge and mulm go right through your net? Can't afford an expensive vacuum? Even you can do what I did today. My long handled net has pretty small holes in it but it still lets a lot of crud through. So I dug through my odds and ends of fabrics and found this stuff that is used for little girls ballerina skirts, Tulle (tool) it's called. I hacked off a piece and shoved it inside the net. I gathered the excess into the corners and clipped it in place with miniature clothes pins. Wala!! Did the trick. You have to go a little gentle or the clothes pins come off. The metal clips with the red handles would hold better so will use them the next time. DIY skimmer and mechanical filter Netfilter
Later I knotted fishing line around the metal frame and then wrapped it around and around, piercing the Tulle with each "around", until the fabric was stitched to the little net. Now I don't have to fiddle with the clips.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]