Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Greyhound Racing To End In Wisconsin!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Greyhound Racing To End In Wisconsin! Empty Greyhound Racing To End In Wisconsin! Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:01 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

When I am out with my dog people stop and tell me how nice it was that I rescued her. I always tell them that I am the lucky one. She is such a wonderful and loving girl. The breed is not for everyone. They are very quiet and probably won't play fetch but they are so loving and I think grateful for a home. They have never been in a home envrionment before or known love. They were raised on puppy farms and then lived in a kennel envrionment. It is amazing that thay make such wonderful, loving pets. If anyone is interested in adopting a greyhound I recommend reading these books. They were required by my adoption group and actually very interesting and easy reading. I especially liked the Dummies book.
Adopting A Racing Greyhound, by Cynthia A. Bran
Retired Racing Greyhounds for Dummies, by Lee Livingood
Child-Proofing Your Dog, by Brian Kilcommons

3Greyhound Racing To End In Wisconsin! Empty Re: Greyhound Racing To End In Wisconsin! Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:51 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Thanks, JW. I worked with a man who adopted a greyhound who was found muzzled so it couldn't eat and locked in a barn to starve to death as Jasmine was. I have heard so many sad stories about how these dogs are disposed of after they stop winning races. It's hard to believe that in this day and age that we treat animals this way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]