Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Got a hankerin' for chocolate?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Got a hankerin' for chocolate? Empty Got a hankerin' for chocolate? Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:17 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

This isn't exactly a recipe but as you look at my pictures from Photobucket of a few of my molded and dipped chocolates, you'll come to a tutorial of how to make chocolate covered oreos. They are to die for.

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v336/estherwaayenberg/Making%20molded%20chocolates/?albumview=slideshow

2Got a hankerin' for chocolate? Empty Re: Got a hankerin' for chocolate? Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:46 am

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Ohhhh, Esther!! How cruel!! Thank goodness I'm not Catholic, and gave up chocolate for lent or something!! ex[giggle]

I'm not sure if it is safe for me to even go and LOOK at the pictures!!! That could be very, very dangerous!!

(But I'll give you my address if you get a hankerin' to make some goodies, then decide you can't eat 'em!!) ex[nod]

http://www.marykay.com/andismith/default.aspx

3Got a hankerin' for chocolate? Empty Re: Got a hankerin' for chocolate? Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Bartender, you be a biiiiiig chicken. LOL. I have done molded chocolates for about 17years, mostly as gifts, wedding receptions, parties, and all for friends and relatives---mostly not even being reimbursed for the chocolate, let alone my time. But I don't care, I like to do it and hear people rave about it. Those Oreo cookies are great.
I am doing some white sandwich cookies, coated with pink chocolate and the mold has tiny bare feet on the top, for a baby shower for Myka, soon to be born.

Then there is a fund raiser for a group who works with Helen DeVos Children's Hospital. It is called PORT (Pediatric Oncology Resource Team). They do nice things, goodie bags, give the parents of the sick kids vouchers for free lunches at the cafeteria, throw holiday parties for the sick kids and their families.

They found out that Braeden had a birthday and brought him a truck. While this was going on, his sister Eliana who was then 6 was watching. The guy who brought the truck says, "It isn't fair to big sister to not have a present. Come with me." He took her down the hall and let her choose a gift from their stash. They bring kiddy pillow cases, bead necklasces, fleece kiddy blankets and all kinds of stuff to the kids.

So Friday night they are having a fund raiser and I'm donating chocolate covered sandwich cookies. These have the awareness ribbon design on the top. I have a gold edible powder that I will touch to the top of the ribbon. The peciatric cancer ribbon color is gold.

Also, I'm machine embroiderying and making golf towels and maybe something else but I have to have it done by tomorrow night or Wednesday. What am I doing on this computer??

4Got a hankerin' for chocolate? Empty Re: Got a hankerin' for chocolate? Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:59 pm

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Esther wrote:Bartender, you be a biiiiiig chicken. LOL.

Got a hankerin' for chocolate? Wowwhatarush

UGH!! I went. I lOOked. LOOks delish.
I think I just gained 20 lbs!

5Got a hankerin' for chocolate? Empty Re: Got a hankerin' for chocolate? Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:33 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

I just found out about it Friday and they have to have the items to photograph for the catalogue for the silent auction by Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.

6Got a hankerin' for chocolate? Empty Re: Got a hankerin' for chocolate? Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:44 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

They look scrumptious! I'm sure all the groups sure appreciate all the help you give them!

7Got a hankerin' for chocolate? Empty Re: Got a hankerin' for chocolate? Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:30 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

I ended up making 4 dozen molds. About 2.5 dozen were sandwich cookies, both chocolate and vanilla. When I ran out of the cookies, I switched to Ritz Crackers and peanut butter. I had 2 pounds of melting chocolate and added about a cup of baking chocolate chips, and I also had a pound of white chocolate. Some of them ended up being part chocolate and part white chocolate. Some didn't have cookies or crackers, but almonds or shredded coconut. I did have about a half cup of white chocolate left over. Well there was that much when I got done. Not now. Got a hankerin' for chocolate? Choccoveredsandwichcookies

So then I went to the grocery store and bought small boxes of water crackers, meat sticks, pretzels, honey mustard, cheeses, apples, flavored waters, peanuts, handi wipes, napkins, and those clear plastic cups, I don't drink but these kinda remind me of "on the rocks" tumblers. My thinking was to make up a kind of "date night" basket. Oh and then I went to Salvation Army and bought 5 $1 baskets.

Then there was one pink basket for the baby set which had a burp cloth made out of a cotton diaper, a pink bib, an insulated bottle wrap, a changing pad and they had Got a hankerin' for chocolate? BONAPPETITEPINKBon Appetite embroidered on them with a pink baby bottle. Then I had a pink striped Onesie in the closet so threw that in, along with a tiny pair of white cotton underpants that had eyelet lace on the leg openings. I embroidered "THE (a bunny's backside and poofy tail) END" on the seat. I had some pink fleece so chopped of a piece 36 X 36 and stitched around the edge with a fancy design. I didn't have time to do any embroidery on it.

They had 6 golf packages so I embroidered this group's logo on fingertip towels and slapped a grommet in the corner and attached a shower curtain hook to it.Got a hankerin' for chocolate? PortGolftowel

8Got a hankerin' for chocolate? Empty Re: Got a hankerin' for chocolate? Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:42 am

Bartender

Bartender
Minnow
Minnow

Wow, Esther. That's all I can think to say... WOW!!! You are an amazing bundle of energy and creativity!! I am also sure that anyone involved is very grateful to have you on board.

Thank you for sharing your many projects with the rest of us. I really enjoy seeing them, and learning. Now, if I just wouldn't gain weight from lOOking at the pics of chocolate!! Got a hankerin' for chocolate? 268413

9Got a hankerin' for chocolate? Empty Re: Got a hankerin' for chocolate? Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:28 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I've seen your lovely chocolates before but not your embroidery. Very lovely. You are one clever and talented lady.

10Got a hankerin' for chocolate? Empty Re: Got a hankerin' for chocolate? Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:39 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Snowed in. LOL

Don't forget, I'm not chasing little kids around, picking up big kids from school, DH doesn't care if there's a meal on the table or not, and he starts laundry if it needs to be done. Just call me lucky.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]