Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Health Care

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Health Care Empty Health Care Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:57 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Cramo-Bama is on the tube now spewing propaganda about his socialized medicine bill. He is DETERMINED to cram that horrible bill through. He's parading health care workers around to make it look legitimate and that doctors and health care workers are in favor of the bill. What a sales pitch. Sounds just like his campaign.

I'm afraid we might be doomed. The scary part is that somewhere in those 2000 pages is something about that it can never be repealed. Why don't they just scrap it and start over?????

2Health Care Empty Re: Health Care Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:00 pm

Denny

Denny

Because it would be embarrassing to Obama, since this was his number one priority last year. If they force it through using the 'reconciliation' process they're proving themselves even bigger hypocrites than before. Democrats were against this style of filibuster killing vote process when it was working against them-- now they're all for it.
At least some of the sound bites I've heard confirm that at least one or two of the folks in that party remember that this is not a democracy, it's a representative republic.
Too bad they've forgotten who they're supposed to be representing.
It is worrying, however they may not even have enough votes to pass it in their reconciliation.

3Health Care Empty Re: Health Care Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:00 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I hope they don't get enough votes, Denny. It's a bad bill for everyone.

O-cram-ola was giving a real sales pitch. It sounded just like one of his speches when he was campaigning. He knows that public opinion is against this health care bill so he cut into television programming to do an infomercial.

When I heard that programming was being interrupted I thought there was some tragic incident somewhere.

4Health Care Empty Re: Health Care Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:25 pm

Denny

Denny

Heard him on the radio, and immediately turned it elsewhere. The more I hear him, the bigger my headache gets. I got bits and pieces of it from the news, and the programming that he interrupted. Either way-- he's going to be campaigning for this crap. Expect more idiotic coverage of him calling anyone who doesn't like his way names.
Oh. The 'medical professionals' with him and applauding?
I wonder if they had to supply them with white coats/scrubs again. They are still just props.

5Health Care Empty Re: Health Care Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:49 am

Denny

Denny

It's all up to the folks who are in DC right now. There are Dems against this sucker-- the volume of calls, letters and emails from constituents against needs to keep up, and remind 'em who they need to listen to. (Hint. Not the one in the oval office.)
This year's midterm elections should help-- lots of those folks trying to ram the bill through are up for reelection, and a whole lot of them are way down in their home district polls.
If it can be delayed until after November, there's a chance that the makeup of both houses will change enough to reject the monster.

6Health Care Empty Re: Health Care Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:54 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I think the Democrats know that even the people who voted them into office are against this bill. To push it through would be political suicide. I don't think they are ready to end their career just to please this president.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum