Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Back Yard coming alive now too.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back Yard coming alive now too. Empty Back Yard coming alive now too. Mon May 24, 2010 10:55 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

We got the "knot garden" planted yesterday. Good thing we started early. Back Yard coming alive now too. 268413 It got hotter and muggier as the day wore on.

Back Yard coming alive now too. 05-23-10

As this grows in there will be a pattern We change it every year. Someday we hope to put a big pond in the space, but until our budget allows we just plant some flowers. How it looks in the end always depends on which flower the resident rabbits decide to munch on too. Last year it was the yellow snapdragons. I kept wondering why they would look like they were going to bloom and then very few blooms would actually open. I finally figured out that a very discriminating rabbit loved the flower heads just as they were almost to bloom stage. Here's a picture from August last year.

Back Yard coming alive now too. 08-23-09yard006

A previous year we had a petunia loving bunny. One day I was out planting. Planted a petunia, went in the house for just a few minutes and came out and the petunia I'd just planted was eaten completely. No bunny in sight.

This year I bought a package of lettuce seeds to plant somewhere just to hopefully feed the bunnies that instead of my flowers. I have to figure out where to plant it though so it's not down yet.

2Back Yard coming alive now too. Empty Re: Back Yard coming alive now too. Mon May 24, 2010 11:26 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

That is so pretty. I mean last year's is and this year's will be too I bet if the darn bunnie leave it alone.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum