Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Front Yard Project almost complete!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Front Yard Project almost complete! Empty Front Yard Project almost complete! Sun May 23, 2010 2:20 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

Grass is gone... compass garden is planted. A few finishing touches to do. But overall it's finished for this year.

Front Yard Project almost complete! 05-22-10

I have some coriopsis that blooms bright yellow (moved it from the center of the front yard and planted some in the back, but I have way more than I need)and some purple and pink columbine to share. If anyone wants any just let me know I'll send you some.

2Front Yard Project almost complete! Empty Re: Front Yard Project almost complete! Sun May 23, 2010 4:29 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Very nice. I bet it will get quite a few stares as people go by, especially after the flowers get filled in.

3Front Yard Project almost complete! Empty Re: Front Yard Project almost complete! Sun May 23, 2010 4:40 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

Cool. You'll need to keep us updated as it fills in this summer.

4Front Yard Project almost complete! Empty Re: Front Yard Project almost complete! Sun May 23, 2010 4:52 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

Thanks both of you. We have had a lot of REALLY positive feedback from neighbors out walking their dogs, or just walking while it's been in progress. Especially after the compass garden got filled in and partially planted.

We had a lot of ...No Grass? We love the fence, but what are you going to do instead of any grass? questions prior to putting in the compass garden.

JW. Those edgers are the kind they sell at many of the big box stores. (we found this particular kind at Menards) They have s scalloped side and a straight side...we opted for the straight side up to have a more formal look. And they are CHEAP...about 1.50 each around here. They're two feet long. about an inch and a half wide and 5 or 6 inches deep.

http://www.northstar-stone.com/images/accents/redstr24640.jpg
http://www.northstar-stone.com/images/accents/natcurv24640.jpg

One in our size used 16 straight and 24 curved for the size we did. Our inspiration for doing this was half the size and used half the blocks. Here's a picture of that.

http://fast1.onesite.com/community.learn2grow.com/user/learn2grow/c779a7073db14b5fcd062e3794afd24b.jpg

I'm biased, but I like straight sides up and the bigger one we decided to do MUCH better. ex[nod]

5Front Yard Project almost complete! Empty Re: Front Yard Project almost complete! Sun May 23, 2010 4:53 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

Mikey, I'll post pictures as it grows in.

Do you have new updated ones of your gardens yet? I always love your pictures.

6Front Yard Project almost complete! Empty Award Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:50 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

Some people came to our door today to tell us we've been nominated for a neighborhood beautification award because of our front yard transformation.

Here's a slideshow of pics on photobucket. Flowers are filling in nicely.

https://s491.photobucket.com/albums/rr278/LariPett/yard2010/?albumview=slideshow

7Front Yard Project almost complete! Empty Re: Front Yard Project almost complete! Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:09 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

I can believe why you were nominated. That large design is going to be so pretty when the flowers get going better.

8Front Yard Project almost complete! Empty Re: Front Yard Project almost complete! Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:24 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

A pic taken July 2nd, for those who don't like to be bothered with photobucket slideshows. Front Yard Project almost complete! 631640

Front Yard Project almost complete! 07-02-10069

9Front Yard Project almost complete! Empty Re: Front Yard Project almost complete! Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:00 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Beautiful.

10Front Yard Project almost complete! Empty Re: Front Yard Project almost complete! Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:27 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

JW, I planted Clematis "The President" on the entryway trellis. also have some petunia's at the base and some low growing fern like ground cover planted there too.

We do still have grass to mow in the treeline...This year...Hopefully next year that will be desodded and planted with some type of low growing ground cover too. Still have grass in the backyard too, eventually I want that gone too.

I wouldn't mind grass so much if it would stay out of the flower beds, but it won't so I want it ALL gone.

Thanks Bullfrog.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum