Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

This Spring's Project

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1This Spring's Project Empty This Spring's Project Sun May 02, 2010 10:11 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

We try to add something new to our yard every year. This is this year's project, or the start of it. ex[grow] It's going to be a bit before it's all finished, but it's heading toward that goal of NO GRASS to mow. This will also help set some boundry's just in case we decide to put a small goldie pond in the front yard..... This Spring's Project 977453 And will help keep my flowers from getting trampled by the occasional passerby on a "long leash".

Anyway, here's a couple "before" pictures taken last summer....
This Spring's Project Yard_012

This Spring's Project Yard_013

Here's a few from today. This is after we installed the front fence a couple weekends ago, then Bruce spent a lot of time this past week cutting out a lot more sod. Then today we installed the fence along the one side and the brick down the front walkway.

This Spring's Project 05-02-12

This Spring's Project 05-02-13

This Spring's Project 05-02-14

This Spring's Project 05-02-15

2This Spring's Project Empty Re: This Spring's Project Tue May 04, 2010 6:18 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Looks great! No mow lawn, I'm all for that!

3This Spring's Project Empty Re: This Spring's Project Sun May 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

We're moving right along. We found and put up an arbor/trellis at the entrance to the yard yesterday. We finished putting up the fence today. Also took out some more sod. Spread some mulch, did a little bit of planting in the pots on the front porch but I haven't done the other's yet.

The sod is completely gone on the north side of the sidewalk.

Before Mulch:
This Spring's Project 05-16-13

After 9 bags of new mulch were spread today:

This Spring's Project 05-16-14

Now I plan to move the day lillies out from under the blue spruce canopy and we're considering putting some type of smaller varigated hosta around the trunk of the tree. Beyond that I'm not sure what else I'll "change" this year on that side.

I managed to get a blister cutting sod today, and the cutting is really taking it's toll on Bruce's wrist's so it may be a while before we get it all done. but we did this area today.

This Spring's Project 05-16-15

Then Bruce finished putting in the brick and fence on the south side of the yard.

This Spring's Project 05-16-16

We're both very pleased with the results so far.

This Spring's Project 05-16-17

This Spring's Project 05-16-19

Many of our neighbors think we're daft for taking out all the lawn, but we haven't had much trouble with it being taken away. This is only part of what we cut out today. Someone came and got part of it while we were out cutting.

This Spring's Project 05-16-18

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum