Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

April's place

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1April's place Empty April's place Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:01 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

We met a girl named April riding a horse by our place and she invited us to come riding. She owns four horses that she rescued. After moving in the furniture yesterday, we didn't have time to ride, but Vicki was in hog heaven just meeting the animals. Here she is petting Barney, you can ride him as well...

April's place Horses001

Here she is hugging Valentine, the one she will ride...

April's place Horses003

The feed/tack room was built out of logs in 1913 and is still solid..

April's place Horses005

Here's the inside, cool huh?

April's place Horses006

I never knew they angled the logs into each other like this..

April's place Horses009

Here's April riding Barney while her newest rescue watches. The horse was badly mistreated and will only come to her, but she is already able to ride it and has it trained to walk the circular pen, stop and run on command. She has a lot of love for animals, I think Vicki has found a great new friend..

April's place Horses008

2April's place Empty Re: April's place Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:33 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I have a feeling y'all are going to be very happy in your new home! Looks like you will have great neighbors! ex[nod]

3April's place Empty Re: April's place Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:31 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

I agree with Rosebud; you guys are going to love living there..... Color me green with envy....

4April's place Empty Re: April's place Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:53 pm

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

We are happy for you guys too

5April's place Empty Re: April's place Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:22 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

We are buying the chestnut mare for $400.00. April will pasture it for $200.00 per month and feed it daily. April lives just a few miles away so I can drop Vicki off there and she can ride Valentine back home. We have plenty of room and grass for her to eat. The grandkids are going to love this. Today I have to finish leveling the porch and rebuild the steps as it is a foot higher now. It was a monumental chore moving it, took three days to get it right and into place so the door would open without hitting it and it was close enough so that rail wouldn't drip in between the porch and the home. Dish network will hook up the TV today and the internet will be installed tomorrow. Then I'll hire a local handyman and we will move the furniture and be done with it finally. I love sitting on that porch, it is so peaceful and quiet. When it's all said and done I'm building a big tree house in the front yard with a river view. I can buy a winch and put a battery out there so we have an elevator. What a place to sit and smoke a fatty. April's place 631640

6April's place Empty Re: April's place Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:18 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Finally got the porch moved and level. Started building the steps yesterday, they are 6 feet wide so factory cut stringers wouldn't reach the ground, had to cut my own, cut the first one...

April's place Steps003

Then put it in place for a test fit...

April's place Steps004

The fit was good so I used it for a pattern for the other two...

April's place Steps005

I know the place looks like hell now, it's a construction zone. I'll pick up all of the scrap wood once I'm done. I want this place to really look nice. Rex left enough lattice board to hide the legs of the porch. I'll put it up today.

7April's place Empty Re: April's place Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:42 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Things are really looking good, Bullfrog! ex[nod] ex[thumbup]

8April's place Empty Re: April's place Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:58 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I was raised so poor that if I didn't fix it, it didn't get fixed, couldn't afford to pay anyone. So I learned how to do wiring, plumbing, carpentry and everything else. Put in an entire beaker box before. the steps are finished except for 1 step, ran out of wood. I started running the water line out to the rental as my buddy Bill dug the septic system with a backhoe. It's going to rain cats and dogs today so I'll probably just unpack boxes so I can bring them home to pack the kitchen.

9April's place Empty Re: April's place Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:09 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

So when are you going to drop a line and test the river for fish?

10April's place Empty Re: April's place Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:55 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Mike, if I do get a chance to fish, which I don't see in the nest week, it will be for flounder. The flounder run is beginning. The shrimp are leaving the marsh and the flounder are following them. They will go out into the gulf and lay their eggs, next spring they will come back to the marshes. I still have to get the furniture moved and all of the junk I've accumulated and get the rental unit ready, they will be here December 3rd.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum