Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where is the strangest place that you ever woke up?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Me, it was in a Big Boy dryer in a 24 hour washateria on Magnolia street in Beaumont, Texas. I woke up and it looked like a porthole of yellow light, i thought that I was on a ship. Thank God it wasn't daylight yet and nobody else was there. Damn was I stoved up, curled up like a shrimp and I was cramping.

I remember it like it was yesterday, I just had to find a place to hide for a little while and I managed to doze off.

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Along the same line of thought. We got a room in Galveston and there was a high school cheerleader convention going on at the hotel. Went out and got really stinking drunk, really tied one on. I woke up and had to pee and was laying on my side of the bed as usual. The door to the hall was in the exact same position as in my house and in my drunken stupor I got up naked and walked out of the door. The lights blinded me for a minute and I heard the door close behind me. I realized that I was standing naked in the hotel hallway and in my panic I turned around to see that the door had not closed completely. Thank God, I'd never have gotten my wife awake.

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

hey! My strangest place was in Galveston too! My sisters and I were having our yearly reunion. We went for a dip in the indoor pool after having a LOT of margaritas. I woke up on the floor of our hotel room in my wet bathing suit! I really don't even remember being in the pool. I can't swim!

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

So you said that you were dull? I know better. Have you heard from Andi?

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Rosebud, please check your PM's at the top of the homepage.

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

You guys have had adventurous lives I guess. My life has been dull. I always wake up either on the couch or in a bed, in my house, camper, tent, motel, hospital, friend's house, relative's house, and always knew where I was and intended to be there when I went to bed. Never been drunk--ever--never even had an alcoholic drink of any sort. I can't abide with the smell of it, let alone the taste. And yes I have tasted it. Somehow I find it frightening to put something in my body that will change my behavior, or perception of things. I even had trouble taking pills and don't like medicating until I'm convinced that is the only thing that will help get me back to what I know as normal. Don't even drink much pop. I drink mostly iced tea, water and some milk.

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

You mean I'm not supposed to have a headache every morning?

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

At least when you wake up with a headache, you know you're awake and live enough to feel.

I refuse to comment on this on the grounds that it may incriminate me! es[uhuh]

Cool Chools

In bed in a beautiful room high up in the luxurious Chase Park Plaza Hotel in St. Louis, with my boyfriend's arm around my shoulders. I opened my eyes and greeting me was a view of beautiful Forest Park, all green and sparkling in the sunlight. It was the most peaceful feeling ever.

It was about 10:00am Sunday morning.

I was 16 years old.

I had screwed up BIG TIME!!!

And, yes, Esther, alcohol was involved. :drunken:

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Oh my. I'm glad I wasn't your mother. How long before you went home?

Cool Chools

When I got home, my parents were, naturally, frantic with worry, having convinced themselves that tragedy had befallen me. Unfortunately, they displayed that worry as anger, so instead of being relieved to find me safe and alive, they were ranting and raging. Same silliness as when your dog runs away, and when he returns, Dad goes and gets the belt and beats the dog. What does that teach him? That being at home HURTS!
My BF was good enough to walk me to the door and confront the folks.

They didn't ground me at all. I think they were counting on their disgust and disappointment serving as enough punishment. Didn't, really; they were disgusted with me all the time anyway, since the day of my birth, I think.

But they did forbid me to see the guy again. Which didn't work, either. Instead of having him pick me up at home, I would wait for him in the White Castle down at the end of the block.

After a while, he asked me to wait for him OUTside White Castle. Seems the smell of their greasy burgers was getting into my hair, and it was grossing him out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum