Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official Show your face place

+3
rosebud
Esther
bullfrog
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Official Show your face place Empty Official Show your face place Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:49 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Woody and I on vacation in Gatlinburg..

Official Show your face place 005-1

The missus and I stopped into a local salloon..

Official Show your face place 039-1

A couple of friends she picked up along the way..

Official Show your face place 029-1

Woody at "Lovers Leap"..

Official Show your face place 082

Later, at the hotel, he got wasted as usual and couldn't fly. I had to carry him into the hotel and put him to bed...

Official Show your face place 156

2Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:07 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

I remember those pictures. Looked like you were having a lot of fun. I can't recall "the missus'" name. Anyway that picture is a treasure. LOL. That would be cute hanging by a pool table/bar room.

3Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:03 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Great pics! To show you pics of our snow, I'd have to post last years. No snow this year, YET.

4Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:35 pm

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

Me and Chuck by the pond last summer
Official Show your face place Newpictures1209470
Mrs. Peepers sitting on the deck with Cooter Tooties our Basset Hound
Official Show your face place Picture1415-1-1

5Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:40 am

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

Me and my labor of love...
Official Show your face place Mikeandpond

The fetching Mrs. Mikey and our grandson
Official Show your face place P1000531

Me looking for elk up near Mt. St. Helen's
Official Show your face place LookingforElk2

Me testing Chicago dog at Wrigley Field
Official Show your face place ChicagoDog2

Me testing L.A. Dodger dog at Dodger Stadium
Official Show your face place Dodger-Dog

Me testing Seattle Mariner dog at Safeco Field
Official Show your face place MarinerDog

Me testing San Diego Padre dog at PetCo Park
Official Show your face place PadreDog

Me testing Washington Nationals dog in the old RFK Stadium in D.C.
Official Show your face place RFKDog

.......and the testing continues.....

6Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:26 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Okay, Mikey, which hot dog was the best? ex[drool]
By the way,Freddie, LOVE your bulldog! My son's mother-in-law raises them. The puppies are soooo cute!

Last edited by rosebud on Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:27 am

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

Mikey...Your garden looks AMAZING.
How many ballparks have you been to? My wife and I are attempting to see them all also. So far my favorite has been Pittsburgh
Official Show your face place Picture1212

8Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:42 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

I think I've been to 8 different ballparks but I didn't have a camera available at some of them for my dog tests.... LOL... Thus far I like the Dodger Dog best because they grill their dogs. It was so windy and cold at Wrigley in mid May that my dog was cold by the time I got back to my seat.....

9Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:55 am

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

You wouldn't want to see my face this morning. I have been having strange "things" in my chest and the doctor thought it might be from acid reflux. HE prescribed Zantac, two a day. Last night I took my third one and within about 3-4 hours my lower lip began to swell. I took a Benedryl and by morning, the swelling is all the way across my lip, down into my chin and a tiny bit in my upper lip. So I am assuming the Zantac is the problem. My DIL used to work in pharmacy and said I should have taken 2 Benedryl.

Funny thing is that I never have been allergic to anything except tree pollen in the early spring. Once before my tongue swelled HUGE so the doctor changed my high blood pressure med to something else. So here it is a holiday and of course the doctor's office isn't open. I Googled allergic reaction to Zantac and of course mouth swelling is one of the possibles.

10Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:12 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Hey! Close call, Esther! You could have been in some serious trouble! Hope the swelling has gone down now.

11Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:57 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

I only get acid reflux if I eat a very late dinner....10pm or so. I wouldn't survive in parts of Europe where they eat late...

You wouldn't want to see my face this morning.
Oh come on Esther, entertain us with your Mrs. Limpet look.... (ducking)....

12Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:49 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

I suspect my whole problem started with possibly stress but then aggravated by eating a lot of chocolate while making chocolate covered stuff and candy for Christmas. Evidently caffeine relaxes the valve at the top of the stomach and chocolate having caffeine did the trick. So as I was laying down right after eating, the acid would come up a little bit, enough to cause discomfort and intermittant pain in my chest but not just in the center, mostly to the left, accompanied by "hot flashes". At 67, women usually don't have them, right? So as it continued and would even wake me up at times, I became real frightened which added to the stress I suppose.

The rest of the story----or some more at least. I go over about 10:30 to pick up a few more goodies as everybody is coming this afternoon for Christmas. I'm checking out and an employee comes over and asks if he can help me in the self check out lane. At that point, my throat is feeling tight and I swallow one more time and ask him if I can leave that stuff as I am having an allergic reaction and my throat was closing up I thought. I leave, drive like a maniac because all the med centers are closed on New Year's Day. I stopped at 4 red lights and when traffic cleared, went through. I was doing 90 on the xway. Figured if a cop came along, fine!! Got to emergency in downtown GR and they checked me out and did triage. Eventually a PA got to me and decided that after 2 hours since it started that I wasn't dead and the throat had gone back to normal by itself, I could go home. So I don't know if I "thought" it was closing up or if there was some residual swelling or what. But this morning I am fine. No swelling, no chest pain, no hot flashes, LOL. Also am not taking the Zantac or anything but the normal stuff until I can talk to my regular doctor Monday.

13Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:20 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Allergic reactions can get pretty severe. If you do get into serious distress at times ask your doctor for an epi pen. It is an automatic injector, the epinephrine is loaded inside of it and it looks like a fat writing pen. The needle is retracted so if you have a severe reaction you simply cock it, place it against your leg and hit the trigger. The needle comes out and .5 mg of epi is injected. Many people carry them.

As a medic I would do the same thing. Inject .5 mg epi subq and then follow with 50 mg benedryl iv. You can just carry the benedryl and eat a few after the injection.

Last edited by bullfrog on Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total

14Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:37 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

What a scary experience, Esther. I'm glad to hear that you are OK.

15Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:02 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

My DIL (Braeden's mother) is the one who worked in a pharmacy for a long time and seems to remember all that stuff about meds. I told her that the doctor had told me to take a coated aspirin each day now. So I did. Then she said that aspirin was a common one to trigger an allergic reaction. I've taken it before too and never had this happen. Last summer my lips swelled up when I had been taking Ibuprofen I think it was. I don't even remember now why I was taking it every 4 hours as directed, some pain or other I guess. I have already stopped taking Zestryl for blood pressure due to my tongue swelling up huge. I'm getting antsy now about meds.

Dawn is allergic to tree nuts and some fresh fruit so carrys an epipen.

16Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:44 pm

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Well back to the showin your face. Here's me and my wife the night before hurricane Katrina hit. We were on Bourbon Street in New Orleans and didn't have a clue. Who watches TV in New Orleans?

Official Show your face place 100_0437

My wife in N.O. she looked pretty good considering that she was on chemotherapy..

Official Show your face place 100_0436

Later that night obviously drunk because I'm the only man on stage dancing with the women with my daughter hanging on my shoulder..

Official Show your face place 100_0461

About 7 years ago on the beach with the "Columbian Drug Dealer" look...

Official Show your face place Beachpic

My second passion...

Official Show your face place 100_0862

On our honeymoon on Padre Island..

Official Show your face place 100_0649

Sporting my new ear ring I got on Padre in honor of our pirate wedding...

Official Show your face place 100_0857

17Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:47 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Pretty good looking "old" dude there. Good taste in women too I see. She's very pretty. Hope her health is doing well. Official Show your face place P__e_a11

This was May of 08 and we were in a restaurant in Branson.

18Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:16 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Well I borrowed the old family album so here is a pictorial history of my life.

Young and tender..

Official Show your face place Menude001

Mom and Dad, he was all of 4' 11"

Official Show your face place DadandMom001

Mom and I in 62

Official Show your face place Mommaandme001

First grade in 66, Find me if you can..

Official Show your face place Firstgrade001

Clowning around, probably 10 or 11...

Official Show your face place Clowning001

Sweet 17...

Official Show your face place Mein77001

Camping at the lake years ago...

Official Show your face place Camping001

19Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:27 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

You know I've always said you really lucked out when you snared Vikki!Not that you're not a handsome fella, but she is a knockout. And a real sweetheart to boot! I'm going to try to post a pic of Robert & me. I've never done that on here, but I saved the instructions you gave to Joe. It's a studio picture, but it's the only one I have of the two of us.

Last edited by rosebud on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

20Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:40 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Robert & me

Official Show your face place Ourportrait

21Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:24 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

That was taken for our church directory. Can you believe Robert had on his old jeans! I'm glad they only got him from the waist up! He doesn't have any dress pants. He outgrew his only suit years ago. Won't go buy another one.

22Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:10 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

A wedding picture (1/24/2003)
Official Show your face place Brucea10

A couple years ago at a Koi/Goldie awards banquet

Official Show your face place Us063010

23Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:11 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Bullfrog you're a very lovely couple. You are both good looking and you look like you belong together if that makes sense.

24Official Show your face place Empty Re: Official Show your face place Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:10 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Thank you Fishlips, Lari you have a nice smile. Rosie, your picture isn't showing up this morning, it did yesterday. Maybe my computer hasn't woken up yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum