Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prayers for my wife

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Prayers for my wife Empty Prayers for my wife Sat May 21, 2011 7:02 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

We were expecting a colt so Vicki was cleaning the stall. The rescue colt Gunny kicked her and broke her left arm. She stuck a stick under the cast to scratch and broke it off. she went to the doctor yesterday because it was swollen and hurting. There was no flesh where the stick was and gangrene has set in on her palm and lower thumb. Once tissue becomes necrotic (dead) it can't be saved. Her fingers are still warm and pink so hopefully they will be able save the hand and just remove what tissue died. She is in the hospital on IV antibiotics now. Please keep her in your prayers.

2Prayers for my wife Empty Re: Prayers for my wife Sat May 21, 2011 9:23 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Oh, my goodness! I'll surely keep her in my prayers! I wish she had gone to the doctor sooner!

3Prayers for my wife Empty prayers being offered Sun May 22, 2011 9:17 am

wolfmom

wolfmom

Prayers being offered for Miss Vicki to heal well. So sorry to hear of her new problems, though I'm sure she is happy with her new colt. Keep your chin up Bullfrog and just care for that wonderful woman.

4Prayers for my wife Empty Re: Prayers for my wife Mon May 23, 2011 7:29 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

I went up there yesterday but the doctor had already made his rounds so I didn't get to talk to him. Vicki has been on morphine for 3 days now so it's really hard to make and sense out of anything that she says. After 3 days, you begin to nod a lot and have very lucid dreams, it becomes difficult to tell the dreams from reality.

She told me, "Oh yeah, those MF's with the chicken heads on their fence aren't moving in with us."

"What?" I said. She began tossing a lot of cosmetics into a blue trash bag, "What are you doing?" I asked her. "I told you! I need to go to the store!" she shouted. "So why do you need to take all of that?" I asked. "Stop asking me questions! Everybody keeps asking me questions!"

I hope the staff sees this and weans her off of the morphine and I wish I had gotten to speak with the doctor. they do surgery on Sunday so that is a good thing, that they didn't rush her into surgery to remove the dead area. They are keeping up the IV antibiotics and vasodialators to increase the circulation, maybe they can save the tissue. I have to work during the week and with the privacy laws they won't tell you anything over the phone.

5Prayers for my wife Empty Re: Prayers for my wife Tue May 24, 2011 6:45 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

she sounded a little better yesterday evening. I could actually understand what she was saying. We got Gunny a good home with an eight year old that want to rodeo eventually. They took him yesterday evening. Hopefully they will release Vicki Tuesday.

6Prayers for my wife Empty Re: Prayers for my wife Wed May 25, 2011 6:48 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

thank God, she's home now. They released her late yesterday evening. She put a light on the porch rail so she could see the colt. We sat out there till after ten but I have to go to work. She'll get to play with it today.

7Prayers for my wife Empty Re: Prayers for my wife Wed May 25, 2011 2:59 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Glad she's home now. You take good care of her!

8Prayers for my wife Empty Re: Prayers for my wife Mon May 30, 2011 11:39 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Bullfrog, how is Vicki doing?

9Prayers for my wife Empty Re: Prayers for my wife Tue May 31, 2011 6:32 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

The discoloration is almost gone but she is now getting blisters like a burn so I told her to try and leave the dressing off of it. She lost the top layer of skin almost like a burn, it's healed but the dressing might be irritating the new skin.

10Prayers for my wife Empty Prayers for My Wife Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:35 pm

wolfmom

wolfmom

Just wondering how Miss Vicki is doing? Hopefully everything is back to normal. Have a blessed day!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum