Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

My wife is kicking me out of the house.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My wife is kicking me out of the house. Empty My wife is kicking me out of the house. Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:12 am

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

We are in the process of moving, I'm already started packing. This is driving my wife crazy. Yesterday she said, "I want you OUT OF THIS HOUSE FOR AT LEAST TWO DAYS IF NOT THREE." What a girl! I have a travel trailer with three queen size beds, a bathroom and stove. I'm going to spend at least two nights probably at Sabine Pass in the old Dick Dowling Park if they have RV hookups. I have a new generator and will buy some lights today to fish for specs on the seawall. Sitting around a fire yanking fish into the night sure sounds good to me. Texas Bayou is real close also for the daytime.

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

When this is all over, you both need to have your heads examined. There is no way I would ever take on the job of packing this house without my husband/partner of 26 years. He wouldn't leave me to do it either. This is not 100% my house and not all his either so it is a shared responsibility/posession.

But I guess if you are both satisfied with this decision then who am I to question?

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Esther, there's no way she would let me pack her things, or probably even the kitchen. I have a lot of my my stuff packed already but still have a lot more. It's the same at the grocery store. I used to put things on the belt and she wanted the eggs, bread and chips on last,all of the meat in one section and so on. Now I just wait outside and read a book and let her shop. I still have all of my tools and outdoor things to pack, we have a long way to go.

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I know just how she feels! If she wants to be able to find anything when she gets to the new place, she had better pack it herself! ex[nod] Just don't tell her what a GREAT time you had when you get back home!

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Hmm. Used to be that way but learned it was worth a screw up or two to not have to do the work. Pete cooks a little, does laundry, vacuums, takes care of the dog and cat and pond somewhat, and lots of other things since he was laid off. If our bed gets made, it's more often he does it. We both learned that he is trainable.

Another thing I think of because I'm 5 years older than him is ----what if I die first and he knows NOTHING about this house and taking care of it or himself. There was a 83 year old lady at church who died recently and someone was talking to the spouse. He said that his wife had never worked outside the house and he worked just two blocks away so she made every meal-----ALWAYS. He didn't know how to grocery shop. Didn't know how to cook at all. Didn't know how to do the laundry and it goes on and on. I felt sorry for his daughters.

So Pete now knows how to read the content labels, watch for sales, and compare prices. Of course if I was dead, he'd revert back to slapping most anything between two slices of bread, I'm sure.

Oldmarine

Oldmarine
Minnow
Minnow

I wished my wife would kick me out once in awhile. I need a good excuse to take up fly fishing.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/oldmarine1969

Oldmarine

Oldmarine
Minnow
Minnow

You got that right, sweetheart.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/oldmarine1969

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

It is a fine art which I have honed to a razors edge getting out of household chores. Oldmarine can tell you that concealment is your friend. Try to wear clothes that blend into your environment...

My wife is kicking me out of the house. Camo

Then, learn to take things out of the shopping cart like bread, eggs, chips followed by heavy items like gallons of milk and canned goods. When it is time to move, run all over the house packing random things that will be needed, like the coffee pot and all of the toilet paper. You are guaranteed a short vacation like I just had.

It was a typical man trip. I packed tons of fishing gear, but soon discovered all of the things I needed like toothpaste, deodorant, soap and shampoo. I had to take the ferry to Galveston to buy these things which I later found in the cabinets. Oh well, now I have double.

I fished in the pass and out of my kayak. I lit a fire at night, fired up the pit and drank rum. It was a good time, I plan on screwing up some more so I get kicked out again real soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum