Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

An old friend found me

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1An old friend found me Empty An old friend found me Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:16 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

on Facebook. I worked customer service17 years ago for 12 years with a stint at being assistant manager and personal banking thrown in the mix somewhere. Hated the personal banking thing and didn't much like the management part either. Loved the customer service though. We were located right across the street from Amway's base location. A guy came in from there who had been transferred from Brazil and wanted to open an account. He didn't have a SS # yet as they had just arrived. Because I had been around the block a few times I knew of a way to get around the system that required that and got his account opened while he was waiting for all his government papers to be processed. He later came in and asked to have an account opened for a lady whose husband had been a partner of his in Brazil. So I kind of bent the rules and opened the account. So for maybe 3 years, I talked with or emailed to her in Brazil to meet their needs.
The husband was a for hire sailor. He would man huge sailboats for "heads of state" in ocean going yacht races for big bucks. He also made sails on the side.
She was a --- can't think what it's called. They work with pregnant women to help them through the pregnancy and birth.
Anyway, we became good long distance friends. But when our bank merged with Bank One, they wouldn't allow me to email outside of the bank or do the long distance calling so I no longer had a way to let her know I had to speak with her. She would call me and that was fine. Shortly after that, I was moved to a different job so no longer needed to communicate with her.
ANYWAY. today I got a request on Facebook to be her friend. I got so excited and can't wait for her to respond to my babbling.
I have a hammock she sent to me that was hand woven by people in her country. I don't have any trees that it would fit between so never put it up.

2An old friend found me Empty Re: An old friend found me Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:49 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

It's always fun connecting with people you haven't talked to for many years and Facebook is great for that.

There are metal stands made for hammocks.

3An old friend found me Empty Re: An old friend found me Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:15 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

No Mikey, I want two trees to hang it on. LOL.

JW, the term is Doula. They don't deliver babies. Here's a link: http://www.dona.org/mothers/index.php

4An old friend found me Empty Re: An old friend found me Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:47 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

How wonderful, Esther. Enjoy your new found friend(ship).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum