Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1 Darwin was Wrong on Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:40 pm

Mikey

Minnow
Minnow
Tonight and tomorrow we will be attending a conference at Calvary Chapel of Costa Mesa entitled Darwin was Wrong. A variety of scientists will be speaking on proof of creation versus evolution from lower life forms....

The schedule of speakers and a link to watching it live is provided below. It starts tonight at 6pm Pacific: Click here for the link to watch: Watch Live

View user profile

2 Re: Darwin was Wrong on Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:08 am

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Mikey that was very interesting and enlightening. Darwin wasn't much of anything but wrong that's for sure. He was a fraud! Are you going to the one tomorrow at 8:30? I looked for you there but didn't see ya. I don't know if I'll be here to watch tomorrows or not but I might be able to catch some of it. Thanks for the link, I really enjoyed seeing it all. Did you see the first part at 6pm of the guy doing the pottery? For those of you who didn't get to see it here is a video made by one of the speakers that they showed at the service:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3darzVqzV2o

There was much more to the meeting than this video and there was much evidence that Darwin was very wrong on his theories and beliefs. There is another meeting tomorrow night at 8:30pm Pacific Time if anyone is interested. Thanks again Mikey.

zone 7
View user profile

3 Re: Darwin was Wrong on Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:44 am

Mikey

Minnow
Minnow
I was sitting behind a wooden support column off to the left of the speaker as I face him. We chose those seats because we felt it would be less crowded.....flu season ya know.... I could see the speakers but I couldn't see the musicians. They were actually good seats because on each of those supports was a flat screen monitor so that I could also easily see what the speakers had on their laptop.

Yes, we plan to be there again tomorrow morning. That's at 8:30am Pacific time for anyone else who want to watch the live broadcast. The presentations by various scientists in their field runs from 8:30am to 5:15pm Pacific time. If you click on the pdf link that is shown in the first link I provided in my initial post you can look at the schedule and see what, if anything, interests you.

That first speaker tonight nearly put me to sleep. Smart guy but horrible speaker. The other speakers I thought were better organized.

Starting off tomorrow morning is Marcus Ross, PH.D. in Paleontology followed by another PH.D. in Marine Biology and more PH.Ds follow....

I didn't see the guy doing pottery. That must have been shown only over the Internet. Prior to going into the auditorium we were at the Bible bookstore. I met Maria Lopez, a cop and former co-worker I once supervised at the academy. I hadn't seen her in 5 years.

View user profile

4 Re: Darwin was Wrong on Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:42 am

bullfrog

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
I haven't watched it yet but I will this morning. We had a pretty active debate going on about this on the other forum and somebody spoiled it for us. I am glad to hear of other scientists who debunk the evolution theory.

5 Re: Darwin was Wrong on Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:04 am

Mikey

Minnow
Minnow
Since this is the year of Darwin, this particular lecture series has a theme of debunking Darwin.

It started off showing how his theory enabled a rebellion against believing in God. Communism and Marxism embraced Darwinism and of course those beliefs led to the deaths of millions.

Then each scientist has been taking up something which Darwin opined on and has shown how he was wrong. We all are aware of the lack of transitional fossils of which Darwin said they would be countless. Today a paleontologist will debunk that....

View user profile

6 Re: Darwin was Wrong on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:08 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
Mikey wrote:I was sitting behind a wooden support column off to the left of the speaker as I face him. We chose those seats because we felt it would be less crowded.....flu season ya know.... I could see the speakers but I couldn't see the musicians. They were actually good seats because on each of those supports was a flat screen monitor so that I could also easily see what the speakers had on their laptop.

Yes, we plan to be there again tomorrow morning. That's at 8:30am Pacific time for anyone else who want to watch the live broadcast. The presentations by various scientists in their field runs from 8:30am to 5:15pm Pacific time. If you click on the pdf link that is shown in the first link I provided in my initial post you can look at the schedule and see what, if anything, interests you.

That first speaker tonight nearly put me to sleep. Smart guy but horrible speaker. The other speakers I thought were better organized.

Starting off tomorrow morning is Marcus Ross, PH.D. in Paleontology followed by another PH.D. in Marine Biology and more PH.Ds follow....

I didn't see the guy doing pottery. That must have been shown only over the Internet. Prior to going into the auditorium we were at the Bible bookstore. I met Maria Lopez, a cop and former co-worker I once supervised at the academy. I hadn't seen her in 5 years.

ex[oops] I thought it was 8:30pm today and now I see it is 8:30am. I'll check in right now and see what's happening.

zone 7
View user profile

7 Re: Darwin was Wrong on Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:29 pm

Mikey

Minnow
Minnow
It was a good conference. Now I have three books I need to read through....

The intersting part was that the hosts (Logos Research Associates) included several other creation science or intelligent design grooups in their conference.

Logos Research Assoc.

Creation Ministries Int.

Answers in Genesis

Institute for Creation Research

Discovery Institute

View user profile

8 Re: Darwin was Wrong on Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:04 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
I enjoyed what I did get to hear but on Sunday my DH drug me away from the computer at 10:30am so I only got to see a bit of it on that day. When you find out some good info in all those books let us know some of it. It's quite interesting. Do you really think that the Grand Canyon was formed from a catastrophic incident rather than the Colorado river over time? I told my DH that and we got into a discussion on that one among others.

zone 7
View user profile

9 Re: Darwin was Wrong on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:54 pm

Mikey

Minnow
Minnow
The short answer is yes, I believe the grand canyon was formed rather quickly in geologic terms. Following Noah’s flood there was a lot of plate tectonics going on raising and lowering mountains.

Upstream from Grand Canyon there is evidence of a whole series of former lakes. One theory for the carving of Grand Canyon is that these upstream lakes catastrophically breached various barriers that held them back and carved out the canyon. The Colorado river is merely following the path of least resistance. There are examples all over earth of catastrophic carving of rock by water. Anyone with a boat can tell you how cavitation damages the propeller of a boat. Many free articles on this are available on the links I provided earlier.

Check out this link to how water can quickly erode earth. This occurred in your neck of the woods in Burlingame Canyon near Walla Walla: Burlingame Canyon

View user profile

10 Re: Darwin was Wrong on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:54 am

jaytee

Simple things evolution doesn't explain.

The Food Chain. Every living thing on this planet is involved in the food chain. Meat eaters had to evolve with others at the same time to satisfy their diet. The same with plant eaters. Coincidence?

The Fossil Record. It amuses me when science finds a fossil and tries to link it to man. The fact is, under their theory, there would be thousands of transitional fossils with each species.

The Planet Earth. The earth itself is very unique. Most planets out there cannot support life because they have erratic behavior. The Earth has a stable temperature, just the right distance from the sun, the moon keeps the earth from wobbling, and the earth is in a relatively quite area in space.

The Eye: Think about it. Why do most animals have eyes? Keep in mind that evolution is something that happened without intelligence. So why would different species develope eyes? How would the species know if something could be seen or not or if their was enough light to see?

Ever heard of dinousaur prints along side of human prints? Look it up on Google. Looks like they may have existed together.

Does evolution science adequatley explain life from lifelessness? How did dead matter spring to life?

Did you know that some of those charts that show the evolution of man and those showing the evolution of horses were faked? And they still use them today in an attempt to prove their theory.

Do you ever watch those shows on TV about the origins of the earth? Watch and listen closely, some things are explained by the words "and then." Example: The earth was formed, barren and hot, and then it began to rain. I laugh when I hear that, they just explained the existance of water with two simple words.

I also believe that the earth is young. It was created by God and he also created the plants and animals that live here. He commanded Noah to build an ark to save the species and the world was transformed. I agree with Mikey, it was more than a flood, the whole earth changed. Just my two cents.

View user profile

11 Re: Darwin was Wrong on Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:33 pm

Mikey

Minnow
Minnow
Excellent information Jaytee

The creationist folks of course believe that God created various kinds of animals, e.g., dog kind, cat kind, cattle kind etc. Within each kind of animal His original genome (dna) instructions allowed for a great deal of variation within the kind (species). Thus animals will be able to adapt to their environment, and do so relatively quickly. In other words when God made the "bear" he gave it plenty of information in its genomes so as to be able to adapt (natural selection), thus you have the black bear and the polar bear all of which creationists believe "evolved" from the same animal. But notice, it is still a BEAR. It did NOT evolve into some other creature.... And this is why it is critical to define your terms when speaking with Darwinist evolutionists. Creationists believe in a limited amount of natural selection within a species. Darwin saw the same finches on various Galapagos islands and they had different size beaks because the environment was different on the various islands and their beaks changed per available food. This change is more noticeable in isolated population groups.

Since creation scientists believe that God created fully functional forms of life the tree of life flowcharts would not be a single trunk with multiple branches. The creationist tree of life flow chart would have many starting points such as these lines... / / / / / / / / / / / ... with the lines representing individual kinds of animals and off these lines you would see branching as the animals changed slightly either through mutations or adaptations but they would still be the same kind... perhaps a coyote instead of a fox or dog...

One of the scientists who spoke at the seminar has collected hundreds of evolutionary "tree of life" flow charts and showed us about a dozen or so. The flow charts are based upon available fossil records. What is fascinating is that the modern flow charts don't show all animal life branching out from a single tree trunk with numerous branches as you see in the traditional evolutionary flow chart. The flow charts are more like what I described previously with a single trunk starting point and then branching off..... just as a creationist would predict. They don't join up! In other words, the paleontologists flow chart of turtles show the creature starting as a fully developed turtle and then you will have branches coming off the turtle tree of life but all the branches are still clearly turtles, not lizards or some other animal. Their flow charts depict created kinds yet they are blinded by their Darwinist evolutionary assumptions and they are STILL looking for the transitional fossils that will connect all of their separate trees of life......

The Creation Ministries International has an excellent free on-line book "Refuting Evolution" that is a response to the National Academy of Sciences' publication of "Teaching about evolution and the nature of science". This book is an excellent starting point for anyone interested in looking critically at evolution and learning why it doesn't work...
Refuting Evolution

Last edited by Mikey on Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

12 Re: Darwin was Wrong on Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:05 pm

jaytee

Great post Mikey. I think I understand it. The same reasong has been applied by some to Noah's Ark. Noah didn't have to bring every kind of turtle on the ark because the ones he brought had the genetic code to produce the ones we have today. Makes sense to me.

Other arguments against evolution.

Comets. They have learned that comets lose mass as they travel around the sun. Well that puts a kink in the evolutionary theory. That means that some comets we see today must have been massive when the universe formed billions of years ago. So massive, they would have consumed this solar system. The comets and their size point to a young solar system and universe. One answer the evolutionist came up with was that comets were always the size they are now. When they disappear, others enter the solar system in their place. Since most comets seem to run on a predictable course, these new comets must carry a calendar to keep on schedule.

Moon Dust. Remember the Apollo missions. Remember the pods on the feet of the lunar lander? Those pods were there for one reason. The amount of dust in space is measurable. If the universe is billions of years old, enough dust would settle on the moon that would sink the lander so pods were put on it so it could float. Guess what? Only a few inches of dust were found once again indicating a young universe.

Oil. There she blows! The cheer given to a gusher. But guess what? If the earth was millions of years old, we wouldn't have gushers at all. The pressure would have seeped out by now. Another sign of a young earth.

View user profile

13 Re: Darwin was Wrong on Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:32 pm

jw

Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter
This is all really starting to make sense to me and I do enjoy reading both of you guys (Mikey & jaytee)posts on this subject. I'm soaking it up so I will be able to pass on the info :[IMG]2thumbs01

zone 7
View user profile

14 Re: Darwin was Wrong on Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:32 pm

Mikey

Minnow
Minnow
If anyone has kids or grandkids of Bible believing parents, I strongly suggest the parents attend a creation seminar and/or read some creation or ID (intelligent design) books and in addition they should subscribe to Creation Magazine. The magazine is fascinating and will counter evolutionary dogma that kids encounter in school and in college. Lots of young adults have left their faith when engulfed in evolutionary teaching in college.

We frequently read of a evolutionary find of a transitional fossil and it will make the front of newspapers. Then months or years later when the fossil is debunked as being a "missing link" you likely won't read about it, except in creationist publications.

JW: I encourage you to read that on-line book I referred to earlier. I was so impressed with it that I purchased a hard copy.

Right now I am reading a book written by a creationist molecular biologist. Scientists are looking at cells at the molecular level and the more they find the more complex it gets. When I was a kid they used to refer to the "simple cell". Turns out that simple cell is one of the most intricate and complicated things around. It's absolutely mind boggling and scientists studying it who once were atheist evolutionists have come to Christ.

"I will give thanks to you because I have been so amazingly and miraculously made. Your works are miraculous, and my soul is fully aware of this." - Psalm 139:14

View user profile

15 Re: Darwin was Wrong on Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:29 pm

jaytee

A few months ago a show was on TV proclaiming that the missing link was found. Ardi was the name of this missing link. I didn't watch the show because the advertisement for the show started with the lie that Lucy was a missing link. It has already been proven that Lucy was nothing more than an ape but it appears that evolutionist still make the claim. Here is an interesting article about those missing links.

http://www.nowpublic.com/environment/ardi-not-missing-link

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum