Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

President Obama Grades Self

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1President Obama Grades Self Empty President Obama Grades Self Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:31 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

On her Christmas in Washington special on ABC, Oprah Winfrey asked President Obama to grade himself

"Good, solid B-plus," the president said.

Explaining, he said, "we have inherited the biggest set of challenges of any president since Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

"We stabilized the economy, and prevented possibilities of a Great Depression or a significant financial meltdown. The economy is growing again.

"We are on our way out of Iraq. I think we've got the best possible plan for Afghanistan.

"We have reset our image around the world.

"We have achieved an international consensus around the need for Iran and North Korea to disable their nuclear weapons.

"And I think that we're going to pass the most significant piece of social legislation since Social Security,and that's health insurance for every American," he concluded.

Pressed by Oprah as to why only a B-plus, the president said, "B-plus because of the things that are undone. Health care is not yet signed. If I get health care passed we tip into A-minus."

One of the Fox news anchors said she would give him a D for delusional.

What grade would you give him?

2President Obama Grades Self Empty Re: President Obama Grades Self Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:55 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I would give him a double F.

One F for fail and another F for F-ing up everything.

There are some interesting user comments at the bottom of this blog that I pulled the article from.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/12/president-obama-grades-self-a-good-solid-bplus.html

Some of my favorites are:

"Obungle does not deserve even an F. There is no grade low enough to give to a traitor like Odumbo.

Obumble is so low he has to reach up to tie his shoes.

Komissar Obamavitch is so low that he has to climb a ladder to kiss a snakes ass.

Obgungle is so low that he could sit on a dime and swing both feet."

"I'd give him an F. Hes encouraged and emboldened our enemies. His health care bill is a disaster waiting to happen. Climate change is a scandal. Unemployment is getting worse. He embarrasses us every time he goes overseas which is way too often. He scares my girlfriend. FAILURE!! 2012 cant come soon enough for me."

He scares my girlfriend.
ex[lol27]

"He must be grading on a pretty big curve."

"Who would grade themself, even if asked to do so? Obama should have passed on the question. He looks arrogant and he doesn't appear to comprehend how grading systems work. The class he taught at the University of Chicago must have been an easy A. Just show up, bow deeply, apologize and you get a B+."

3President Obama Grades Self Empty Re: President Obama Grades Self Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:14 pm

Mikey

Mikey
Minnow
Minnow

A solid B+ eh? He's a commedian.....

4President Obama Grades Self Empty Re: President Obama Grades Self Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:03 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

We saw that and I really cringed when he said that. Even if I didn't know anything about what has been going on in this nation, to hear that someone has that high of an opinion of themselves really rotted my sox. He's gotta know that with the polls below 50% that his comment is going to give people another reason to resent him.

My insurance man recently said that he voted for him because he was such a charismatic speaker. I told him that it was the very reason I wouldn't vote for him. To sit there knowing there were so many problems and sound so convinced of how good he is just shows me that he's an excellent salesman and "good with words". I do understand that the president needs to be able to converse well and sensibly but---------

5President Obama Grades Self Empty Re: President Obama Grades Self Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:48 am

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I give him an F+ and the + is for buying a nice looking dog
Good point, JW. I'll raise my grade to a double F+

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum